Command & Conquer Generals puts players' trigger fingers on the pulse of modern warfare as they become a powerful general and control massive armies of bleeding-edge military weaponry. Three unique sides will be available, each with customizable high-tech arsenals ready to deliver unprecedented firepower on land or in the skies. Players can annihilate the opposition in the 22-mission single-player campaign or dish out the damage in global multiplayer mayhem.
In celebration of the sixth anniversary of the award-winning real-time strategy classic Command & Conquer Generals, we are releasing an exclusive gift to Command & Conquer fans -- the lost mission of Command & Conquer Generals. The never-before-seen and controversial Global Liberation Army mission was not included in the game’s original 2003 release and has been hidden and securely stored away in a secret location at our EA Los Angeles development studio until today. Command & Conquer, download the mission Black Sheep for free and unleash their inner General.
Black Sheep was originally slated to be the third mission in the Global Liberation Army campaign where players were given command of the Toxin Tractor, a slow-going farm vehicle modified to spray a deadly corrosive agent, and ordered to eliminate the town that had been corrupted beyond salvation by the USA's propaganda. While the mission was ultimately removed from Generals, the Toxin Tractor was available in other campaign missions, as well as in multiplayer and skirmish modes.
Installing "Black Sheep" is exactly the same as loading a custom player-made map. Please follow these instruction to install this map.
1. Open the compressed folder (.zip file) of the Black Sheep download.
2. Extract all the files to your Generals Maps data folder. This folder is located in your My Documents folder.
* The maps data folder is My DocumentsCommand and Conquer Generals DataMaps
o On Windows 2000/XP systems, the complete path to the folder varies. The basic path is always: C:Documents and Settings[User Name]My DocumentsCommand and Conquer Generals DataMaps where [User Name] is your Windows login user name.
3. Each compressed folder (.zip file) should already contain a folder of the same name as that of the map you downloaded. Thus, when you extract the folder, a new folder of that name should be created inside of the Maps folder.
4. Start up Generals, go into Skirmish and select Unofficial Maps. The map you just downloaded should now be listed. The map portrait icon should be a "?". Select your AI setting and fire away General!