BattleForge is an epic RTS fantasy game that combines the pace of RTS gameplay with the customization of trading cards in an online environment where friends can play together. BattleForge pioneers strategy gaming with its online multiplayer design and robust community features.
In BattleForge, players use virtual trading cards to build the perfect army and lay waste to their foes. The cards are the tools of war each representing a spell, building or unit that is conjured directly onto the battlefield. This interface enables players to customize and combine factions, and play with a unique army of their own design. With no base building and production queues, BattleForge players are instantly immersed into fast-paced RTS action.
BattleForge features single-player and cooperative scenarios, as well as, Player vs. Player (PvP) ranked duels. Co-op battles are played in teams of two or four, or players can hurl themselves into epic 12 player battles for the greatest rewards. In these scenarios, players must work cooperatively to fulfill the mission and earn rewards. With co-op play, guilds, chat rooms, and a robust marketplace featuring direct trade, an auction hall, and in-game mail, BattleForge is the first RTS to combine the social and community aspects of an MMO with an exciting RTS.
Featuring action-packed co-op and PvP, the ability to build your own army, and robust community features, BattleForge offers unique RTS gameplay that is easy to learn but still prepared to handle expert players.
The move to open the beta comes after the most recent patch released all 200 BattleForge cards and maps into the game, and approximately one month before BattleForge goes live. For anyone looking to get started with the beta, the process just got easier:
- Download and install the BattleForge client. The EA Downloader is not need for downloading or installing the BattleForge client.
- Launch the game.
- Log in into BattleForge. To log in, give your entire e-mail address and password that you used to create an EA account. If you do not have an EA Account, you will need to create one by pressing the Create Account button or using this link.
- Agree to the BattleForge terms of service.
- The BattleForge launcher will make any necessary file updates. After this is done, press Play.
- Create a character name, choose an avatar portrait, and select Accept. Make sure that your character name is nonoffensive. Also on this screen you have the option to skip the introduction map and deactivate UI hints. We recommend that you play the introduction map and utilize the UI hints.
- Play the game!
- Use the forces of Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow to stake your ground and battle for survival.
- Card-based gameplay makes BattleForge easy to pick up and play yet provides countless hours of challenges and strategic action.
- Win, trade, auction, and buy cards online to create your ultimate deck and build the most powerful army possible.
- Take full advantage of a wide range of community-based features including guilds and cooperative online battles with friends!
- Wage epic warfare on 40 expansive, detailed maps.
- Fight for supremacy in intense player-vs.-player combat.
- Up to 12 players can team up for epic co-op quests and warfare on massive battlegrounds.
Worldwide, pre-order customers will receive four exclusive units, one from each faction: Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow. These units will feature exclusive card artwork and in-game animation. They will also be leveled-up, giving player’s a head start as they prepare for battle online.
EA Phenomic Studio's BattleForge, rated T for Teen, is expected to ship on March 24, 2009 for the PC.
More articles about BattleForge