W3DGB is the next generation of Civil War combat command simulations. Taking lessons learned from their last ground breaking Civil War engine, the Team at NSD has gone beyond themselves to fill in the final features to make this the premier 19th Century Combat Simulation. Not only will the player be able to test themselves against the award winning AI, online play will now make this one of the best strategic and tactical internet game challenges to date.
The list of features includes:
- Multiplayer online combat in several modes, including:
- Standard opposite sides
- Cooperative play versus the AI
- Play embedded within historical battle scenarios.
- Real time combat command of a brigade, division, or corps in the most intense battle of the Civil War.
- Four highly accurate historical battlefield maps and two general purpose battle maps.
- Extensively researched historical order of battle for each day of the battle.
- Twenty historical or alternate history single player scenarios covering crucial actions on all three days of the battle including:
- The Iron Brigade at McPherson’s Run.
- Vincent’s Brigade on Little Round Top.
- The Peach Orchard fight.
- Night battles on Culp’s Hill.
- The Pickett – Pettigrew – Trimble grand attack.
- Random play mode to generate battles of brigade, division, or corps size on any of the included maps.
- Extensive option set to tailor the game experience to the players’ preference and to allow good game performance on a wide range of systems, Including:
- Three levels of soldier uniform detail.
- Two levels of casualty graphics.
- High or low resolution unit flags.
- Continuous variation in tree and crop density.
- Adjustable AI ‘thinking time’.
- Variable map display radius.
- Carefully modeled rifles, carbines, and muskets as well as smoothbore and rifled artillery.
- A full set of infantry and artillery tutorials to get you started.
Take Charge of some of the premier Generals that shaped America. See if your strategy can hand Lee the victory that was pulled from his grasp. Can you as Longstreet take out the Union left flank? Or will you stand as Chamberlain on Little Round Top and order “FIX BAYONETS!” Can you do better than history or have all the great Generals passed away with that bygone era?
Find out in 2009 when you and your Army buddies are forced to part ways and face each other across the battlefield at Gettysburg!
More articles about War3DII: Gettysburg