Awards season brings out the most passion in movie fans, as suddenly everyone’s an expert and no silver screen performance goes unnoticed. And there’s no better time than during award season for movie trivia games like Xbox 360’s “Scene It? Box Office Smash.” It’s a great way to spend an evening with friends and family members this time of year and the perfect ice breaker for those hosting awards parties.
As fans eagerly predict if their favorite actors and film makers take home top honors, Xbox invites everyone to take part in the excitement with the debut of a new awards themed Game add on pack, that will provide hours of entertainment as you test your knowledge of award winning films as well as the actresses and actors who’ve been recognized for their performances.
This game add on pack features more than 300 new questions about award winning films ranging from masterpieces such as Peter Ustinov’s Oscar-winning performance in 1960 classic “Spartacus,” to Forrest Whitakers amazing performance in 2007 BAFTA-winner for Best British Film “The Last King of Scotland” and thrillers such as 1992 Best Picture winner at the Oscars “Silence of the Lambs.” With nearly 2 dozen award-winning films spanning a variety movie genres, friends and family will have a blast reliving some of their favorite and most memorable moments from the silver screen. Additionally, this pack includes a brand new bonus-round puzzle type dubbed “Pop Quiz,” offering more than 600 new true or false style questions to keep the action going all night long.
The “Award Winners” game add on pack for “Scene It? Box Office Smash,” will be available for download from Xbox LIVE on Feb. 13 for 560 MS Points.
The game features more than 250 of Hollywood's most recent blockbusters, family favorites and cult classics.
- New movies, new questions and new puzzle challenges. It's not just trivia; it's trivia about movies you love, with hundreds of all-new questions, audio clips, photo stills and HD movie clips never seen before in any Scene It? game. Scene It? Box Office Smash also features brand-new types of puzzle challenges that are sure to keep gamers guessing all night long, including these:
- "Pixel Flix," where players try to name the film after watching an old-school, 8-bit-style animation of a famous scene.
- "Celebrity Ties," a six degrees of separation-type challenge in which players must link together a series of clues to guess the answer.
- "Which Is Which," where players test their power of observation as they try to determine which of two similar movie stills match a particular movie. In addition, all 22 puzzle types have been designed to provide the ultimate multiplayer experience on Xbox 360.
- Movie trivia the world will love. Movie fans in France, Italy, German, Spain and the U.K. have even more to love, with content from some of their favorite local films included in versions of the game sold in their countries.
- New online multiplayer capabilities. Airplane flights are expensive, and your friends are everywhere. Solution? A Scene It? match over Xbox LIVE. Better than a phone call, playing over Xbox LIVE builds new memories with old friends and the opportunity to test your knowledge against friends or movie buffs around the world with several new online multiplayer modes.
- Picture yourself at the movies. With the new Xbox LIVE experience, players can literally put themselves into the game through custom characters that respond to your play and react to one another throughout the course of the game.
- More questions on Xbox LIVE. With downloadable content available via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and a content tracking system that minimizes question repeats, players always have a fresh play experience.
- Everyone gets in the game with the Big Button Pad. Chips are better with guacamole. Games are better with friends and family. So gather your friends and family for a race to the buzzer, and see whose movie knowledge reigns. With the intuitive wireless Big Button Pad, even the most console-phobic person will play, and maybe even win. Available with four wireless Big Button Pads, or without for aficionados who already own them from the previous Xbox 360 release Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action.
A great value for the retail price of $59.99, “Scene It? Box Office Smash” comes bundled with four easy to use, game show style wireless Big Button Pad controllers that will transform your living room into a proper game show set. For those who already own a set of Big Button Pads, the game is also available without the controllers for $39.99.
Scene It? Box Office Smash hits North American retailers on October 28, 2008.
More articles about Scene It? Box Office Smash