Grand Ages: Rome is a city-building game for PC. The player takes the role of a Roman patrician, a nobleman, who has just started his political career. His ultimate goal is to become the Governor of Rome.
Throughout the game the player can develop his game character by gaining favor with various historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Pompey and Octavian. The benefits provided by these relations are carried over not only for the rest of the campaign but also in free-build maps and multiplayer scenarios.
Grand Ages: Rome features completely new graphics, new buildings and environments, a new and improved economic system, an improved battle system and a comprehensive multiplayer mode.
Key Features :
- A new and improved graphics engine.
- Persistent Player Character - benefits gained from completed quests are persistent and can be used on any mission, including campaign, free-play and multiplayer
- Campaign that features 20 maps of historical cities and locations
- Patrons - more than 20 historical figures that offer additional objectives to the player
- Over 60 buildings & 50 units
- Ships and Islands
- New and Improved Economics
- A multiplayer mode which includes both co-operational and competitive tasks as well as a range of exclusive multi-player maps.
- Enhanced battle system with standard RTS control of the squads
- Grand Monuments such as the Coliseum, Circus Maximus and the Pantheon
- City States - famine, siege, riots, etc.
- Disasters - random disasters such as plagues, fires and earthquakes. All such disasters will be visualized.
Grand Ages: Rome is scheduled for an release in January 2009.
More articles about Grand Ages: Rome