MLB Dugout Heroes is the first fully licensed and online-based PC baseball game in North America, featuring all Major League Baseball players and stadiums from the past and present. GamesCampus, the publisher of the game for the North American market, drew great public attention when they announced that they had signed an online interactive licensing agreement with MLB Advanced Media, LP (MLBAM) in November 2008. Based on this agreement, GamesCampus holds the right to incorporate official Major League Baseball league and club marks and logos, MLB ballpark images and more in this micro-transaction based game.
In addition to the MLB-licensed game features, the game has many unique gameplay attractions. It’s unique and realistic leveling system allows players to grow stronger and better as they continue through the game. In addition, special points are given to players as they complete baseball missions (quests) given daily or weekly, and these points can be used to purchase new players, uniforms, items, and more!
The open beta for the game will start on March 19, 2009 at 3 PM PST.
- Draft and create your favorite players from any MLB year – Choose your favorite players from any MLB era and create the best team!
- Play Online or practice by yourself – Play against your friends online to see who’s the best!
- Level up your team and players – By playing against people online, your players level up and become stronger and trained!
- Unique items – Users will be able to purchase new player draft cards, uniforms, bats, pitches, and much more!
- Features animated versions of real MLB players – See your favorite players as cartoon versions of themselves!
- Easy learning curve – Fun for both beginner and expert gamers alike!
GamesCampus' MLB Dugout Heroes, developed by Wisecat, is currentrly scheduled for April 2009.
More articles about MLB Dugout Heroes