In Hinterland, you build up and lead a small village, populated by simple townsfolk struggling to survive and prosper in the wild back country of a medieval fantasy world. Leading small parties of adventurers drawn from the ranks of the townspeople themselves, you undertake quests outside the village, seeking to conquer various foes, and collect treasure, magic items and knowledge which will, in turn, fuel your village. As your village becomes stronger, you’ll forge your own weapons, manufacture magic items and potions, and tame the wild land.
Your goal is to lead a handful of peasants to establish a small haven in the wild backcountry of a fantasy kingdom. You must also carefully select members of your village to put down their ploughs, leave their comfortable homes, taking whatever weapon they may have at hand, to join you on expeditions of exploration and conquest in the surrounding lands. There you’ll encounter the characters and creatures of myth and folklore, and find much needed resources to expand your village. Should your forays meet with success, fame, fortune and prosperity await. But you must take care, for even the loss of a lowly farmer can spell disaster when harvest time comes.
Can you build a vibrant settlement, lead your people to prosperity, and tame the wild Hinterland?
“Now, more than ever, we’re all looking for the most value for our dollar, and ‘Hinterland: Orc Lords’ brings it with hours of entertainment, fantasy, and escape for just 20 bucks,” said Got Game Entertainment President Howard Horowitz. “Strategize, roleplay, and replay as a Human and then do it again as an Orc Lord or Shaman.”
- Party-based RPG Action - Variety of characters, weapons, and strategies. Will you lead the charge with a two-handed strike or stand behind the armored herder with your bow?
- Town Building - Choose who will settle in your town. Arm them for defense, or give them tools for production.
- Character Development - Command an Orc tribe as Lord or Shaman, or lead a Human village as Human, Dwarf, Elf, or even Undead Warrior. Develop lowly farmers into great warriors. Customize your character to help in adventure or improve village life.
- Random Fantasy World - New locations with different resources, items, enemies, and challenges for maximum replay. Orc war camps, dark elf raiding parties, goblin infested mines, ruined undead cities, and more.
- Customizable Gameplay - From hardcore game to a world without raiders, you decide the type of game you play.
Got Game's Hinterland: Orc Lords, rated "T" for Teen, will retail on March 25, 2009 for $19.99.
More articles about Hinterland: Orc Lords