The Titan Pack introduces 11 new multiplayer maps for maps for Deathmatch, CTF, Vehicle CTF and Warfare modes, plus eight popular maps from the first UT3 bonus pack and Xbox 360 version. In addition, players will experience two new game modes: Greed mode, a "tug of war" style kill points battle, and Betrayal mode, a cutthroat style of play where alliances and teams can shift fluidly through a match.
The Titan Pack also rewards you for your successes in game, with 57 awards that can be attained as Steam Achievements for PC and Trophies for PlayStation 3.
New units are one part of this mammoth download. The new X-Ray deployable field can be used to lay waste to foes since enemies inside it are extremely vulnerable, while the Link Station, a temporary repair unit, can be deployed to keep vehicles in top fighting condition. The Stealthbender comes equipped with a Link Station, an X-Ray Field, spidermine traps, and an EMP mine, but what makes this new vehicle especially lethal is its underlying Necris stealth technology, which renders it invisible for surprise attacks.
The Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack also features the new Titan mutator where fragging enough enemies turns you into the almighty Titan, a 15-foot tall maestro of wholesale carnage that has the effects of every Power Up in the game... ALL AT ONCE!!!
Two new turret units guaranteed to "bring the rain" on enemy forces and protect your bases are introduced in the Titan Pack. The Eradicator is a stationary long range artillery piece that will spray fire on opposing units almost anywhere in the map, while the Stinger turret combines the fastest firing rate of any weapon in any Unreal Tournament game with huge knockback.
Nova and Kana are two new playable characters added to the roster of death-dealing guns for hire in Unreal Tournament 3.
Titan Pack Adds :
- Two new game types: Greed, a "tug of war" skull-toting team points battle, and Betrayal, a cutthroat style of play where alliances and teams can shift fluidly through a match.
- The Titan Mutator, where you can become a 30 foot tall behemoth in any game mode.
- Nineteen maps for Deathmatch, CTF, Vehicle CTF and Warfare modes, including 11 new maps plus eight popular maps from the first UT3 bonus pack and Xbox 360 version.
- New vehicles and pickups, including the X-Ray field deployable, the link station deployable for vehicle repair, the slow field powerup, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Eradicator artillery piece, and the Stinger rail turret.
- Client-side demo recording.
- Revamped User Interface, including an improved server browser, improved server filtering options, all new advanced options menu, streamlined and polished the whole system.
- Awards: Fifty-seven different awards mark your progress and mastery of UT3. Progress screen in the UI shows which awards you have earned, and your current progress on awards not yet completed.
- Maplists and voting: New maplist system and mid-game voting support for gametypes and mutators as well as maps.
More articles about Unreal Tournament 3