Based on "Riding Duel" in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers introduces players to a fast-paced twist on a racing game. Yusei and Jack duel in a new motor sport called "Wheelie Breakers" that combines card dueling with duel wheel racing. As they race around the track in their Duel Runner motorcycles, players call upon monsters from their decks to battle their opponents and prevent them from finishing the race. Using achievement points which players receive based on their race results, they can purchase new cards and add them to their decks providing upgrades.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers takes full advantage of the Nintendo Wii as players use the Wii Remote™ for competitive card dueling and Duel Runner racing. Gamers can also use the Nunchuk during races, allowing for split-second maneuvers including, acceleration, steering and recovery. Various gameplay modes are also offered including Story Mode, Grand Prix Mode and Competition Multiplayer Mode with up to 4 friends in racing split screen.
- Racing game with the dueling elements, based on “Riding Duel” in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s animated series on 4Kids network.
- Summon monsters during the race to try and take out your opponent using your monsters special powers and attack abilities
- Compete in Story Mode and clear races to build your deck of cards and the monsters you can summon
- Pick up and play game utilizing all the key functionality of the Wii mote for the card dueling and the Nunchuk for the racing including weight shifting, acceleration, steering and recovery
- Includes 4 modes of play: Story Mode, Grand Prix Mode, Time Attack Mode and Competition Multiplayer Mode with up to 4 friends in racing and dueling split screen
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers for the Wii is scheduled to launch in May 2009.
More articles about Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers