Developed by series creator Rockstar San Diego, Midnight Club: Los Angeles will give gamers the unprecedented freedom to race through a hyper-realistic LA.
Rockstar San Diego has created a beautiful rendition of Los Angeles to race through at break neck speeds and explore at your own pace. With no tracks and no load times, Midnight Club: Los Angeles offers the ultimate freedom to play however you choose.
Whether driving by the beach or beating the competition by cutting through a parking garage at 200 mph, Midnight Club: Los Angeles provides a seamless, breathtaking environment for everyone who loves to compete. With no load times, no tracks, and no rules, the game allows players to race who they want, when they want, and where they want in an unbelievable recreation of Los Angeles.
The "South Central Upgrade Map" provides players with a whole new area of the city, about one-third the size of the original map, and will be available for free. This area features L.A. landmarks such as Exposition Park, the USC campus, Shrine Auditorium, Crenshaw Plaza, and the L.A. Memorial Coliseum and stretches south to the 105 Freeway.
In addition to the free new city area, players will be able to purchase the "South Central Content Pack" ($9.99) includes nine new vehicles, 26 new races, 12 new battle maps, 10 new delivery missions, over 100 new red light races, new vinyl packs, new parts, new music and more. The new vehicles include a variety of cars and a motorcycle. Also making an appearance for the first time in Midnight Club: Los Angeles will be SUVs, a longtime favorite of the series' fans.
To commemorate the upcoming South Central DLC pack for Midnight Club: Los Angeles, we are excited to announce an exclusive partnership with three visionary Los Angeles based artists—Augustine Kofie, Jeff Soto, and Coop—to create a unique artist series around the blockbuster racing game. Their inspiration was guided by the authentic speed, vehicles, and culture of Los Angeles that are so present in the game. The result of their work enhances and realizes Rockstar’s goal to create the most compelling and immersive virtual Los Angeles to race in ever seen on consoles. The one-of-a-kind designs can be seen within the game and adorning limited edition apparel, prints and other items.
The three visionary Los Angeles based artists are:
- Augustine Kofie – Loosely inspired by childhood memories of handheld construction toys such as Legos & wooden blocks, Kofie’s work reflects moods which are both Cubist, Abstract & Architectural all in one. He has been producing various works in his home town of Los Angeles for over 15 years. As an enthusiast for the audio and visual refuse of the past, Kofie’s artwork reflects a life-long interest in diverse genres of Western Art, Russian avant-garde, Dutch Modernism as well as the progressive west coast Graffiti Arts movement.
- Jeff Soto – Through striking visual imagery, Jeff Soto communicates profound visions and fears, nostalgia of his youth, and themes of love, lust, and hope. Soto’s distinct color palette, subject matter, technique and bold themes resonate with a growing audience. Inspired by childhood toys, the colorful lifestyle of skateboarding and graffiti, hip-hop and popular culture, Soto’s representational work is simultaneously accessible and stimulating.
- Coop – Coop (aka Chris Cooper) finished high school, skipped art school, and arrived in Los Angeles in the late 80’s where he immediately got to work subverting the mainstream. Chances are good you’ve seen some manifestation of his merchandising juggernaut: smoking devils, devil-girls, hotrods or space aliens on rock posters, t-shirts, hats, skateboards, toys, shot glasses, Zippo lighters, and much more. He’s created posters for Nirvana, Soundgarden, The Sex Pistols and many others, and album cover art for everyone from the Monomen to the Ramones.
The downloadable content for Midnight Club: Los Angeles will arrive on March 19 for both the Xbox 360 and PS3.
The South Central Map Expansion features:
• Map expansion by one third
• Four new neighborhoods
• Price: FREE for both Xbox 360 and PS3
South Central Premium Upgrade features:
- Nine new vehicles:
- Luxury: 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG “Black”
- SUV: 2008 Range Rover Supercharged, 2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged
- Lowrider: 1955 Chevy Bel Air, 1963 Buick Riviera, 1964 Chevy Impala, 1965 Chevy Malibu
- Muscle: 1970 Chevy Chevelle, 1966 Pontiac GTO
- 26 new races
- 12 new battle maps
- 10 new delivery missions
- 100+ new red light races
- New rims
- New body kits for each new car
- New vinyl pre-sets
- Hydraulics/Airbags unlocked on all new cars
- New music
- Price: $9.99 for PS3 and 800 MS points for Xbox 360
Perfected for the energy and vibe of the game, the 97 song Midnight Club: Los Angeles soundtrack features a hand picked selection of amped-up music from both cutting-edge underground artists and established legends.
A racing game is nothing without the great cars and Midnight Club: Los Angeles allows extensive customization of vehicles for both performance and appearance. Players can now fully personalize their officially licensed imports, tuners, classic muscle cars and motorcycles both inside and out with a dizzying array of licensed rims, spoilers, interior gauges, tires and more.
Midnight Club: Los Angeles, rated T for Teen, is currently available worldwide on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
More articles about Midnight Club: Los Angeles