Developed by Spellbound Studios, the game boasts a wealth of new additions including original settings, advanced quick actions, new character actions, the introduction of character combo actions into the gameplay, and a new dedicated movie-mode.
Santa Fe in the late summer of 1883. Lester Lloyd Goodman is dead and buried, and his railway empire lies in ruins.
Cooper enjoys his bittersweet revenge, but only for a short while, because something else is wrong: Doc McCoy has disappeared. He was kidnapped and poisoned. The person behind the disappearance seems to be Goodman’s widow. She meets Cooper in a church in Santa Fe, where she makes him a diabolical offer: she will spare Doc’s life if Cooper will carry out a few assignments that will brand him as a criminal. Cooper agrees. Together with his friends he sets out to free Doc McCoy. But the more enmeshed they become in the crime, the clearer it becomes that much more is involved than the revenge of a young woman.
Boasting the most breathtaking environments ever seen in the genre, Helldorado offers an extended and captivating experience with tricky new ambushes to solve. Thanks to a new easy-to-use combo system, the gameplay has been pushed further with clever new tactical possibilities as players can now combine the individual abilities of their heroes: imagine the hasty combination of gas phials or dynamite with arrows, the deviousness of tying up and bringing away a bunch of unconscious enemies with a one-click order, or even the excitement of getting Cooper and Kate together for surprising results!
With its challenging gameplay and flexible camera angles Helldorado lets gamers play it their own way, choosing from over the shoulder third person view or isometric top down view, allowing players to get in the thick of the action and carry out strategies and tactics with pin point accuracy. In addition, Helldorado adds stunning new Stetson-friendly settings as backdrops for the action, and with the dedicated movie-mode ‘wannabe’ Western film directors will be able to create their very own movies with the stars of Desperados.
Helldorado is made by the same talented team that created the Desperados series. Viva Media CEO Carlo Voelker commented, “Helldorado is simply a fun game that has all the ingredients for success: super graphics, intense fighting and a thrilling story. We are very excited to bring it to market.” He went on to say, “Spellbound has a great team and we are delighted to be working with them.” Armin Gessert, Spellbound CEO, adds, “We are very happy that Helldorado found the perfect home/publisher with Viva Media. Our game is just in the right hands and we are looking forward to continue a successful story.”
- Real-time strategy and tactics in a hard-edged adventure in the old American Wild West.
- Breathtaking scenarios including the forgotten Rochester’s Jail, a stormy train robbery in a relay station, a bloody sunset in Santa Fe, an ambush in the dark and gruesome Blackwater, and a visit to the beautiful New Orleans
- Enhanced Quick Actions: Unique to Spellbound games, this feature allows players to pre-schedule their heroes’ movements. Helldorado introduces a visual representation of intended actions combined with pause mode, keywords overview and tactical waypoint display
- Combo Actions pair skills from any combination of two heroes for added tactical versatility
- Movie Mode for recording, watching and exporting of your own heroic deeds. Be your own Hollywood director!
- Switch instantly between freely rotatable and zoomable isometric and 3rd person views to gain the greatest tactical advantage.
- Powerful, effective and fast-paced hero control using an extremely reactive and easy to learn interface
- Exciting step-by-step tutorial gets you into the action fast – for beginners and experienced heroes, both.
- 3 well-balanced difficulty levels – tailor-made for your basic tenderfoot, average cow puncher, or hard-drivin’ gunslingers.
- More than one way to play… and more than one way to score your reward. Play it your way… or all ways!
- Avoid unpleasant – and deadly – surprises with Helldorado’s intelligent early warning system. If you’re clever and observant, you’ll survive longer.
- 60 different enemies with tactical behavior driven by our advanced AI system.
- Use your enemies’ weaknesses against them. Use alcohol or seduction as weapons in a game of deadly cat and mouse.
Helldorado is expected to release internationally online April 9, 2009.