With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free2play MMO games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy setting. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
With the introduction of ‘Ravenfell’ shortly after the full launch on March 19th, Frogster will expand the online world of Runes of Magic with a new region, complete with new opponents and quests. Featuring idyllic sandy beaches, palm groves and quaint fishing villages, players will need to watch out for freebooters who haunt the Ravenfell region in their quest to solve the puzzle of the long perished kingdoms.
Adventurers with a character level of over 45 will need to take the route north east from the regional capital Varanas to the coastal reaches known as ‘Ravenfell’. Its location by the coast, quickly made the region an important trading location that attracted pirates as well as merchants. Momentous clashes have left their scars on Ravenfell and so players will encounter notorious pirates throughout the whole region. A legendary treasure aboard the ship, the ‘Black Mary’ has long been presumed lost following the disappearance of the pirate leader ‘Snow Blake’. Now treasure hunters scour Ravenfell for clues that might lead them to the discovery of pirate gold.
In the course of their search, players will explore the remotest corners of Ravenfell: from the ‘Shackle Coast’ with its turtle-like inhabitants, the Chelon, to the ‘Nameless Port’. Originally a flourishing trading post, it is now home only to villains and smugglers after being ravaged by pirates.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
MMO fans can find a registration form for the newsletter on the official teaser site.
Runes of Magic is currently in open beta, and will officially launch in March 19, 2009.
More articles about Runes of Magic