“This is a huge step for us,” said Joe Ybarra, FireSky senior vice president strategic operations. “We’ve spent the better part of the last two years building our publishing unit and making sure that our Beta and our 2009 launch exceed everyone’s expectations.”
The universe evolves as players inhabit and vie for control over alien worlds. Local populations will shift their allegiance between the two alliances. Outside threats, such as the Ori, will conspire to further change the face of these worlds. Players will be able to tip the balance of power on these worlds, beating back the Ori invasion, and swaying the local populations to their side through quests, combat and trade. Whether you are a solitary explorer, master tradesman, or commander of a massive armed force- your every action will alter the worlds of the Stargate universe.
The Stargate Worlds Closed Beta will feature a staggered entry as testers are allowed into the game in waves. New areas and archetypes will be added over the course of the play test until all features are thoroughly tested and bugs are found and fixed.
“This is the home stretch and there’s no time to let up,” said Stargate Worlds Studio Head Dan Elggren. We need these beta testers to put a new set of eyes on the game and help us make Stargate Worlds the success that we all believe it can be.”
Key Features :
- Feel the heat - Master the battlefield using modern tactics and firepower
- Travel instantly - Dial up the Stargate to explore dozens of worlds from ancient civilizations to high tech planets
- Team up - Battle devious and powerful enemies with your friends
- Find the new you - Pick from seven archetypes with unique skills and styles
- Don’t fight it – Simulate translation, repair and sabotage with Minigames as your buddies battle it out
- Advance with the story – New story, missions, weapons and loot delivered regularly
More articles about Stargate Worlds