Human life and the fate of the world are both balancing between two primal powers – Life and Death. Our hero’s destiny is to be a priest of the Death god, to be a respected guide of the One with whom everybody will meet. Sooner or later, similar end awaits a living person – no matter elf, human, orc or dwarf. But what Death matters against human will? Is it possible to overcome the boundaries set for the living? The answer and the path begins with the journey to the distant orc city for a magical artifact...
The path of necromancer.
The path of human...
The path of god?
Beltion: Beyond Ritual in a nonlinear third-person view Action/RPG game with the branching system of complementary quests.
The player is completely free to choose what to do in the game world. He can fight, trade, communicate with the Beltion inhabitants, accomplish quests given by them, develop his own character, fulfill different rituals of Gods and Powers who inhabit the game world.
The player will be able to visit countries and cities of Beltion continent, meet different characters of several races, gather interesting information about their everyday life by reading books, taking part in conversations, watching ingame movies. The persons player cam meet differ not only by racial belonging, but also by social levels, from high-ranking officials and rulers to beggars, vagabonds and rogues. Sometimes a clever dialogue will gain him more than a fight. Due to the possibility of trade, the player is able to sell items he gathered to buy new armour, weapons, magic items and ritual objects.
The combat system combines close combat with spellcasting and stealth-infiltration abilities. Close combat weapons include common close-combat weapons like swords, sabers, axes, hammers, clubs, halberds; for ranged combat there is a variety of different crossbows, firing standard ordnance or magic bolts. Magic combines possibility of creatures summon, combat magic and indirect effects. It is also possible to act in special “stealth” mode, where weak enemies could be killed by one move, and strong ones could be ambushed with intricate traps.
Winning battles gives the player bonus points for upgrading his character and a possibility to pick up different enemies’ items, that could be sold or used. Bonus points could be used on upgrading existing character’s skills and combat movements or discovering new abilities.
During the game, player will meet different obstacles – forests, caves, mazes, mountains, as well as different enemies – animals, humans, undeads and other creatures. Every creature has its own combat style, and sometimes they act in groups, so the player will have to act smartly, using all his character’s skills.
Rituals are one of the key elements of the game. By means of rituals, the main character will master new powers and proceed from being an obedient Death God slave to becoming a creature of supernatural powers. This will come with an ancient artifact that will be the way to his fate.
- Literary and artistic constituents of the game world of our own design
- Non-traditional interpretation of artistic genre and setting canons
- Four independent systems of combat interaction, with possibility of combination
- Original main character: a necromancer priest
- A role-playing system of own design
- Original stylization of characters, weapons, equipment and locations
- Unique character development system using four types of human personality – sanguine, choleric, melancholic and phlegmatic, that allows the player to act in a most comfortable way
- Different solutions for problems – by communication, combat or magic
- There are over 44 humans and human-like creature models with more than 100 different textures. - - - 19 unique models of monsters and undead creatures with more than 30 different textures. The Monsters are all unique creatures and natives in the Beltion world; undeads can be the character's enemies or summoned allies; about a dozen of models of miscellaneous game world animals (dogs, cats, goats, etc.)
- More than three dozens of weapon types – swords, sabers, axes, hammers, clubs, halberds, spears, numerous crossbows. All variations with different combat specifications
- Wide range of Death Magic spells, including the variety of undead summoning
- Possibility of covert enemy liquidation in “stealth” type actions
- Different endings dependant on the manner of play
- Approximate playing time is about 60 hours
More articles about Beltion: Beyond Ritual