Skate 2 Title Update:
- Improve responsiveness of off-board controls, modified left stick behavior to improve feel of off-board movement
- Eliminate scoring exploit for Hippie Jump 180s in multiplayer Spot Battle
- Eliminate the wipeout exploit with off-board and the Superdude trick
- Fixed mute and stale grab tricks to use proper hand when performed in conjunction with a hand gesture
- Fix the occasionally popping of visual indicators (sign-ups, arrows, etc)
- Added support for custom soundtracks for the PS3
- Face and Body settings will now load properly in saved replays
- Character models will be in high detail when viewing a replay
- Visual indicators (sign-up icons/arrows) are no longer visible in replays and videos
- Remove the confirmation pop-up when retrying a challenge
- Reduce potential for pedestrians to spawn in an active challenge location
- Modified "Can you spell Girl?" challenge so the player starts with the lead
- Remove the 3,2,1 countdown when retrying a film challenge
- All Thrasher challenges unlock properly in the career progression
- When starting an Own the Spot via the Challenge Map, the player's session marker is automatically set for them
- Updated the online mini-map so skaters appear as the same color indicated in the player HUD
- Improved quality of character images generated for display on skate.reel web profiles
- EXP is no longer awarded for players that don't attempt a trick during a Ranked game of S.K.A.T.E.
- Modified deathrace intro sequences to eliminate camera clipping
- Online Freeskate Activities (Survival) - Increase the tolerance for ‘skating too slowly' while in the air
- Online Spot Battle/Hall of Meat - Spectators can again trigger hand gestures during another player's turn
Developed by Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia, Skate 2 ups the ante in delivering an authentic skateboarding experience with all-new tricks that allow gamers to truly skate it their way – on and off the board.
Skate 2 brings gamers to New San Vanelona, a city that's been rebuilt after an unspeakable disaster five years ago. Equipped with double the bag of tricks, players are tasked to rebuild their career and revive the skate scene. Now with the ability to get off-board and move objects around, gamers can create their own epic spots and challenges which can then be uploaded, shared and experienced by others around the world.
Skate 2 ups the ante in delivering all the grit, creativity and culture of skateboarding with all-new tricks that allow players to truly skate it their way -- on and off the board.
The downloadable content features Rob Dyrdek’s new skate plaza, the centerpiece of his MTV show, Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory, as well as the surrounding downtown Los Angeles area, and is now available on the PlayStation Store ($5.00) and Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 400 points.
The Graphics Creator is a web-based application that ups the ante in self-expression. With this tool, gamers have the freedom to create custom graphics for their in-game hats, decks and shirts, infusing their skateboarding experience with an unrivaled level of individuality. The Throwback Pack features a variety of retro stylings including, tie-dye t-shirts, Skate or Die apparel, Robot and 'Window Shade' sunglasses, gestures circa the hippie-age and much more!
Skate 2, rated "T" for Teen, is currently available worldwide.
More articles about Skate 2