Crowd favorite “Castle Crashers," developed by The Behemoth, remains number one in fans' hearts and wins the top honor of Best Game of the Year along with awards for Best Original Game and Best Co-op Mode.
Some classics never die. "Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix," published by Capcom, also takes home the top brass in three categories: Best Versus Mode, Best Remake, and Best Graphics.
Adding to its trophy cabinet, "Braid" designed by Jonathan Blow, receives notable praise for creativity winning Best Innovation; everyone's favorite artificial intelligence GLaDOS proves she's not going anywhere as "Portal: Still Alive" developed by Valve wins Best Single Player; and "A Kingdom for Keflings" developed by Ninja Bee, shows that people love to play as their Avatar, taking home "Best Family Game."
All winners were determined by the Xbox LIVE community's popular vote, who turned out in impressive numbers.185,000 members casted their votes for the biggest and best games of 2008.
Xbox LIVE Arcade is committed to delivering quality pick-up-and-play titles at the best value, and is proud to offer these stellar games to the Xbox LIVE community. Xbox LIVE Arcade is the exclusive console home of “Castle Crashers,” “Braid,” “Portal: Still Alive,” and “A Kingdom for Keflings.”
And the Xbox LIVE Arcade Award goes to...
- Game of the Year: Castle Crashers
- Best Versus Mode: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Single Player Game: Portal: Still Alive
- Best Remake: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Original Game: Castle Crashers
- Best Innovation: Braid
- Best Graphics: Super Street Fight II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Family Game: A Kingdom for Keflings
- Best Co-op Mode: Castle Crashers