Video game industry legends Minoru Arakawa, Henk Rogers and Alexey Pajitnov, who helped make TETRIS a household name, have teamed together once again to bring America's favorite casual game to the Web. Tetris Online, Inc. today announced the launch of Tetris Friends Online Games, the first and only official Web-based Tetris game destination in North America.
The newly released beta version of the Website is home to six single-player and multiplayer games, with more games in the pipeline, as well as new features designed to enhance the game-playing experience.
Tetris Friends Online Games gives Tetris fans the ultimate selection of high-quality online games to enjoy without the inconvenience of lengthy downloads or unfriendly plug-ins. New features include single and multiplayer game modes, high-score leaderboards, personal profiles, avatars, a virtual currency system and unlockable items, plus interactive tutorials and game tips.
“We are proud to offer fans of Tetris unlimited access to America’s favorite casual game on Tetris Friends Online Games,” said Minoru Arakawa, president and chief executive officer of Tetris Online, Inc. “Our goal is to continue to expand Tetris Friends Online Games over time with additional games and community features to become the premiere social gaming network on the Web.”
Current game modes available at Tetris Friends Online Games include:
- Tetris Marathon—Complete 15 levels to win the game.
- Tetris Sprint—Clear 40 lines as fast as you can!
- Tetris Survival—Survive through 20 levels of Tetris and earn as many points as you can!
- Tetris Ultra—Score as many points as possible within two minutes.
- Tetris Sprint 5P—Clear 40 lines faster than four opponents and rank up.
- Tetris Battle 2P—Play a two-minute game against an opponent in competitive action!
In addition, players can take a break from the games to check out the Gallery, which displays how Tetris has become a pop culture icon over the past 25 years.