CID The Dummy is an all-new action platformer that is sure to grab you with its enjoyable, fun gameplay, featuring a totally original character with charisma and moves, different fighting styles with which to battle enemies from unarmed combat to weapons like the Bazooka that can freeze, hit and burn. CID The Dummy is set in a near-future version of our planet. Litigiousness and refusal to accept responsibility has grown to such an extent that any product manufactured or sold by anyone, anywhere, has to pass a near-infinite barrage of safety tests. Be it a steamroller, a plimsoll, or a book, it’s got to be safety checked by independent government bodies in triplicate, and only after long-term safety testing can it be unleashed on the general public.
It’s in this world, with its laser-tight focus on safety, and rife with please-don’t-sue-me attitudes, that the lowly Crash Impact Dummy rose to occupy its current position of importance. Back in the old days, Crash Impact Dummies were only used when studying car crashes. As lawsuits became more prevalent, though, Professor B M Werken and D-Troit, joint owners of one of the main Crash Impact Dummy manufacturing plants, saw a gap in the market, and started creating Crash Impact Dummies for other things. They started off with more obvious uses like construction cranes and level crossings, but now make Crash Impact Dummies responsible for checking the safety of sponges, dog toys, contact lenses, you name it.
With every story you have your heroes and also your fair share of enemies that like to get in the heroes’ way! Well, just in case you were wondering, this story is no different!
These enemies are tough, and each one has different weaknesses so you’d better know which are which!
- Mad Scientist: Shoot the Scientist before he can catch you and do his own ‘Experiments’ on you.
- Zombie Dummy: Relentless and with no fear, these attack in numbers. Spray with Fire or Ice to avoid becoming one!
- Skeleton Dummy: Slow, but with nothing left to be afraid of, Skeleton Dummies should be burned to..well…dust!
- Alien: Aliens want to ‘abduct you’ from your mission. They are quick, so be quicker!
- Medieval Dummy: These will try and separate you from your head. Long range shots/quick punches are a good plan of attack.
- Lava Troll: Lava Trolls hate nothing more than being cooled off with a well aimed ice blast. Keep out of reach though as they will singe your suit.
- Ice Troll: Living on ice doesn’t stop Ice Trolls getting hot under the collar. Some ‘real heat’ will see their anger ‘melt away’ along with them.
- Radioactive Soldier: Well trained and willing to serve D-TROIT to the end, make sure you shoot them before they shoot you!
- Crocodile Dummy: They may look cute, but their tail can inflict a severe blow. Fire from long range with Freezing Ice.
- Dragon Flower: DO NOT SMELL! The best plan here is to AVOID at all costs.
Key Features :
- Interact as only a crash impact dummy can. Climb walls, swing on ropes, burn obstacles, destroy exploding barrels, use lifters, bounce on springs and with a neat head butt destroy walls all in stunningly realized environments. Game environment interaction is the most important part of the gameplay.
- CID's world is swarming with a host of fearfully fun enemies like the Dumper, Cursed Dummy and the bizarre Failed Experiment.
- Apart from fighting enemies, the player will enjoy solving puzzles, avoiding traps and using acrobatic skills to get out of dangerous situations!
CID The Dummy is in development for PC, PSP, Wii and PS2.
More articles about CID The Dummy