On the brink of annihilation, mankind resumes the fight against the unstoppable Chimera on the shores of the United States. And thus the stage is set for Resistance 2, the highly anticipated follow-up to Insomniac Games’ best-selling PS3 launch title, developed exclusively for the PS3. Players will once again step into the war-torn boots of Nathan Hale, who not only faces near impossible odds on the battlefield, but also constantly struggles with the Chimeran virus raging inside his own body. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 2 will offer a truly unprecedented eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign with a separate, parallel storyline and 60-player online competitive multiplayer built upon a ‘massive battles, greater intimacy’ mantra. Players can also expect a re-designed MyResistance.net featuring social networking tools designed to enhance a user’s gameplay experience whether they’re engaged in single, co-op or competitive combat
Picking up immediately where Resistance: Fall of Man concluded, Resistance 2 follows. Nathan Hale as he finds himself once more in a world transformed by war and invasion. Undaunted by their defeat in London, the Chimera have continued to advance, now poised to attack the United States. Entire cities have been leveled and communities annihilated. In this war where the odds are so heavily stacked against the human race, few are left who are willing and able to fight.
Fortunately, Hale is not alone. A group of super soldiers simply known as the Sentinels will fight alongside Hale as they collectively attempt to thwart the inevitable.
- Meltdown Mode: Patch 1.50 brings back Meltdown, the popular Resistance: Fall of Man multiplayer mode in which each team attempts to gain control of the map by capturing beacons.
- Superhuman Co-op Mode: Does your eight-man Specter squad possess the skills to survive this all-new difficulty? It features stronger enemies and disables auto-respawning (only another squadmate can revive you), but dishes out bigger rewards (double the Grey Tech and XP per round).
- Second PSN Login Support: Your fellow couch potato can now save their character’s multiplayer progress, thanks to the added option to log in with two unique PSN accounts.
* XP balance adjustments for competitive mode
* Announcements screen
* Failsafe save support
* Password protected custom games
* Added ability to “Report” player
* Teams switch sides between Core Control rounds
* Players now automatically go to staging after every competitive or cooperative game (regame)
* Localization updates
* Various stat fixes
* Collision fixes on Bryce Canyon and Holar Tower cooperative levels
* New leaderboards
* Map fixes for competitive Chicago level
* Games with Friends and Clan members in them are now highlighted in the “Find Game” screen
* Limited late joining has been added to ranked games
* Deathmatch spawning has been improved
* Players can’t earn progress towards Berserks when they are dead
* Reduced sprint speed of core carrier in Core Control games
* Cooperative XP bonuses have been increased by 30%
* Cooperative games respawn time is now 20 seconds
* Players keep their grenades if they get revived in a cooperative game
* Players now have a “Join Game” option for players on their friends list
* A player’s own name is now in white in the obituary text
* Savant – Come in first place 30 times in ranked matches (Comp)
* Hero – Come in first place 60 times in ranked matches (Comp)
* Legend – Come in first place 100 times in ranked matches (Comp)
* Tools of Destruction – Score 100 kills with every single weapon (Comp)
* Master Strategist – Score 100 kills with full health (Comp)
* Arch Rival – Kill 500 rival squad members (Comp)
* Full Honors – Take each class to max level (Coop)
* Prophet – Revive 500 players (Coop)
* Secret Agent – Obtain all spec ops upgrades (Coop)
* Surgeon General – Obtain all medic upgrades (Coop)
* Specter Elite – Obtain all soldier upgrades (Coop)
* Like a Surgeon - 100 Splicer Kills (Comp)
* Shake N’ Bake - 100 Pulse Cannon Kills (Comp)
* Quickdraw – Get the first kill of the round (Comp)
* Manic Medic – Heal for 1000 points within 3 seconds (Coop)
* Solid Solider – Absorb 500 points of damage within a few seconds with your force barrier (Global)
* Specter Survivor – Survive an objective without dying (Coop)
* Specter Medic – Revive 2 or more allies within a few seconds (Coop)
* Hail Mary – Throw ammo and hit your target from at least 10 meters away (Coop)
* Quick and Painless – Score 3 headshots kills in a row (Global)
- Take on the role of Nathan Hale as he battles the Chimeran virus raging within. Fight for humanity’s survival against new swarms of vicious Chimera equipped with new weapons along with re-designed favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man such as the Bullseye and Auger.
- Set in an alternate reality 1953 America, explore highly-detailed and interactive environments where the familiar meshes with the alien, resulting in an American landscape both beautiful and haunting.
- Experience online co-op in a completely new way. Choose between three distinctive character classes and join seven other players to battle through a unique story that parallels the main campaign. Players will also enhance their characters’ attributes as they unlock new armor sets and equipment along the way.
- Online competitive multiplayer – a cornerstone to Resistance: Fall of Man’s global appeal – just got better. Engage in massive 60-player competitive combat with an entirely new squad-based focus designed to balance progression, firefights and rivalries.
- Join MyResistance.net, an unrivaled FPS community complete with skill-based match-ups, dedicated gaming/community/stats servers, social networking tools and an open invite system.
Resistance 2 is currently available worldwide.
More articles about Resistance 2