Celebrating 20 years of the renowned series that has shipped over 85 million units worldwide, Dissidia: Final Fantasy brings together the largest collection of Final Fantasy characters ever in a fighting-styled game where players can choose their allegiance between good and evil.
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war. Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos's favor.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors ... their fates have yet to be determined.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “With so many favourite heroes and villains contained in one game, Dissidia: Final Fantasy is certainly going to appeal to fans of Final Fantasy. We also hope that players unfamiliar with the series are also attracted by an action-packed experience that really showcases the PSP and is set to become an instant classic on the system.”
Key Features :
- Legacy: Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of Final Fantasy presented in an action-packed environment where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
- All-new battle system: Action-based battle system combines all-out brawling alongside RPG-based character development in an original system developed by the creators of the Kingdom Hearts series.
- Ultimate cast of characters: Fan-favorite heroes and villains from the entire Final Fantasy series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
- Fantasy match: Players select their favorite Final Fantasy characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
- Series staple battle features: Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, longtime fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system.
- Community: Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, Square Enix proudly presents the first volume of the Dissidia: Final Fantasy Trading Arts series. Memorable heroes and villains are newly re-envisioned by famed character designer Tetsuya Nomura. In honor of these spectacular new designs, Square Enix Products brings a new generation of highly detailed Trading Arts from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy, not yet rated by the ESRB, will be available mid-year 2009 in North America, and in Europe Autumn 2009.
More articles about Dissidia: Final Fantasy