By the mid 23rd Century, Earth stands united under the rule of a high presidium of multinational corporations. Fossil fuels, drinkable water and other natural resources are all but depleted. The corporations, having invested large sums to space exploration, are hoping to solve the impending crisis.
A multitude of varied challenges await in Mytran Wars. A commander of the Kondor Corp. forces may be confronted with reconnaissance, assault, defense or rescue missions in the course of his career. All of these missions call for an individual approach in order to achieve the best result with as little loss of life and machinery as possible. To that end, it is absolutely vital to study the basic strategies of machine-supported warfare.
The forces of Kondor Corp. consist of mighty combat robots controlled by humans, which seek out their enemies for direct confrontation. The latest generation comprises three very different types of units:
The Intruder is the most lightly armored unit, built for maximum mobility. Its excellent speed comes at the cost of reduced basic equipment, making it ideal for recon missions, quick advances, and flank attacks. Moreover, this unit type can be equipped with a variety of special items. This enables the Intruder to repair other units in the middle of a gunfight, to manipulate the enemy's electronic sensors, or to significantly impair the mobility of hostile troops – sometimes even stopping them altogether.
The Intruder can prove to be the most valuable unit, provided three basic rules are observed:
- Avoid direct clashes with the enemy.
- Have Intruders act as support units on the flanks, or from the second rank.
- Equip at least one Intruder with repair equipment in order to keep damaged allies operational.
The Destroyer represents the backbone of the ground forces. With medium armor, medium to heavy weaponry and average mobility, the Destroyer is a universal all-purpose weapon that can be employed for all kinds of missions. The Destroyer has an extensive and varied arsenal of weapons at its disposal: efficient long-range weapons, powerful rocket launchers for area damage, or melee weapons for skirmishes at close range. The Destroyer's medium armor is capable of absorbing several direct hits, enabling the unit to hold positions of strategic importance, even during tough battles.
High Command recommends:
- If possible, equip the unit with a melee weapon and a ranged weapon; that way, it will be well prepared for any situation.
- Optional rocket launchers cause area damage, allowing the Destroyer to take on several hostiles at once.
- Have the Destroyer conduct an initial strike, then send in Intruders to finish the job before the enemy recovers.
The Devastator is the heaviest Kondor Corp. unit. As the name implies, this unit has a devastating effect on enemy troops and morale. This juggernaut has the best armor and the most powerful weapons. The only disadvantage is its slow, even sluggish, movement speed. The Devastator constitutes the spearhead of our forces - it is like a massive, impenetrable wall that advances on our enemies, incessantly laying down deadly fire. Its use is confined mainly to combat on open battlegrounds, due to its limited mobility.
As the Devastator's production costs are very high, the High Command recommends:
- Do not employ Devastators for rescue or recon missions; these are the province of lighter units.
- Never send a Devastator into battle alone. While the Devastator can sustain direct enemy fire for a long time, it can be easily destroyed if attacked from several directions at once.
- Always take the terrain into account. The Devastator's already limited mobility should not be further impaired by sending it across difficult terrain such as dense forests or canyons.
- Riveting plot full of twists and turns that plunge the player deep into the game's unique universe
- Diverse missions and tasks with every level offering fresh challenges and new situations
- Easy to use base management system where players can research new technologies
- 3D graphics with free camera movement
- Contrasting, story-driven, immersive campaigns with two distinctive, well balanced playable sides
- Graphic novel style presentation with an absorbing atmosphere
Mytran Wars is being developed exclusively for PSP by Stormregion, known for such titles as SWINE and Codename: Panzers.
More articles about Mytran Wars