The Fallen Earth Art Department focused on an in-depth upgrading of the game's overall appearance, improving textures, animations, and enriching the overall "look" of the game. Human models have been completely revamped, and newly added creatures include giant genetically engineered super soldiers and vicious killer fungi. Volumetric fog has been added and many towns have been completely rebuilt to take advantage of new building models and ecosystem options.
The Fallen Earth team has created a variety of new vehicle models from muscle cars to motorcycles to ATVs. They have also enhanced the vehicle combat system using the same basis as player-based combat so players will be able to attack from their vehicles, be it with pistols from a motorcycle or dual-mounted machine guns from a muscle car.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
Where will you stand in the fight for the Fallen Earth?
- Fully customizable characters, including different faces, hair, and skin color
- Thousands of items - clothing, body art, weapons, armor and objects of varying power and ability
- A rich and evolving universe with storyline based missions
- Unlimited character based growth in skills, stats, and special abilities
- Team based missions requiring planning and tactics not just brute force
- Smart creatures that will challenge players abilities by reacting not just acting
- Environmental features that have strategic impact on play actions
- Sniper view, night vision goggles, and various sensor arrays
- Incredibly detailed, character driven, animation system Player can enter Stealth mode for higher accuracy during combat
- Dozens of different weapons, from knives to plasma cannons, all customizable with various attachments
- Death match arenas and capture the flag scenarios
- A world so big you'll need a vehicle to cover the vast landscape
- Various vehicles from single occupancy to multi-passenger vehicles
- Customizable vehicles - armor, weapons, onboard systems
- Roadways connecting far flung outposts and affecting your car's performance
- A massive world with forgotten technologies ready to be reused...
- Huge abandoned underground complexes...
- First encounters with mutated species...
- Story lines revealed through player interaction
- Scavenge remnants of the old world for knowledge and profit
- Develop trade skills for wealth and power
- Establish trade routes and caravans across vast and dangerous expanses
- Players can aid in the maintainence and expansion of towns and outposts as well as owning complexes
Fallen Earth will be released in Q2 2009.
More articles about Fallen Earth