Here are the major v1.09 Patch highlights:
- Added a smoke flare delay when using the Magnetic Singularity support power.
- The IFV base defense is now more vulnerable to cannon damage.
- If a King Oni uses his bull rush secondary ability while shrunk by a Cryocopter's S.H.R.I.N.K. ray, the King Oni will now explode on impact.
- In multiplayer matches, Allied and Soviet players may now dock their aircraft at any friendly airfield, regardless of faction, to refuel and reload.
User Interface Enhancements
- Added the ability for hosts to select a random tournament map when playing in a custom match with 2 or 4 players. Players will see the Random Map option on the Map Selection list.
- Added a community news window that is displayed on game launch. This window can be disabled by selecting “Do Not Show Again” on the news window.
- Added a Spanish multiplayer lobby.
- Units will no longer occasionally animate incorrectly when crossing a bridge.
- The Striker VX and King Oni now correctly animate when powered down by an EMP attack.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to create health, money, or veterancy crates.
- Fixed a crash caused by saving while a Magnetic Singularity was active on the map.
- Added additional Mod support to Red Alert 3. <-- this is in preparation for our official Mod SDK release. We are currently working on polishing the SDK, I will inform you with specifics when I have them regarding the release.
- Updated the credits.
Here are the major v1.08 Patch highlights:
- Parachuting drop speed has been increased.
- Aircraft Return To Base speed boost reduced to 25% from 50%.
- Allied Vindicator (unupgraded) reload time increased to 10s from 5s
- Allied Vindicator (upgraded) reload time increased to 7s from 3.5s.
- Allied Apollo speed reduced to 225 from 250.
- Allied Apollo now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the Mig, Tengu, and other Apollos.
- Allied Apollo ammo reduced by 25%.
- Allied Century Bomber reload time increased by 50%
- Allied Multigunner Turret (ungarrisoned) damage versus infantry reduced by 50%.
- Allied Multigunner Turret (Peacekeeper Garrisoned) has had its accuracy increased.
- Allied IFV cost reduced to 800 from 900.
- Allied Aircraft Carrier drone health doubled.
- Allied Assault Destroy build cost reduced to 1500 from 1800.
- Japan Burst Drone vulnerability to FLAK & AUTO CANNON damage reduced by 25%.
- Japan Imperial Warrior armor penalty while Bonzai Charging removed.
- Japan Balloon Bomb reload time now increases based on its level.
- Japan Final Squadron reload time now increases based on its level.
- Japan Enhanced Kamikaze damage done to friendly units reduced by 50%
- Japan Defender-VX base defense unpack time halved.
- Japan Defender-VX base defense transform cool-down time reduced to 2 seconds from 15.
- Japanese Production Structures (Barracks, Naval Yard, War Factory) gain 25% health with each tech level purchased.
- Japan Barracks Egg cost decreased to 500 from 750.
- Japan Barracks T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan Power Plant cost reduced to 800 from 1000.
- Japan Naval Yard T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan War Factory T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan Mainframe Core build cost decreased to 2500 from 3000.
- Japan Mainframe Core unpack time increased to 30s from 16s.
- Japan Shogun Battleship health reduced to 1500 from 2000.
- Soviet Bullfrog Man-Cannon launch speed increased.
- Soviet Conscript gun damage increased by 25%.
- Soviet Tesla Trooper pre attack delay reduced by 1 second.
- Soviet MiG speed reduced to 210 from 225.
- Soviet MiGs now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the Mig, Tengu, and other Apollos.
- Soviet Ultratorpedo damage reduced to 300 from 400. Damage now tapers to 100 at the edge of the blast radius.
- Soviet Twinblade health reduced to 500 from 600.
User Interface Enhancements
- 2v2 automatch now allows players to specify a teammate for ranked 2v2 matches.
- Added support for Elo ratings, a score that starts at 1500 and rises or falls based on wins and loses. This allows players to more accurately gauge their opponents’ skill level.
- Automatch now allows players to specify how much their opponents’ rating may differ from their own, ensuring competitors are adequately similar in skill.
- Your personal ladder rank and rating for both 1v1 and 2v2 ranked games is now displayed on the automatch screen.
- All players’ ladder ranks are now displayed on the loading screen.
- Added 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 lobbies.
- Added “Player Defeated” audio events for games involving 3 or more players
- The friends list is now sorted alphabetically.
- Clicking a player’s name in a multiplayer lobby will now start a whisper to that player.
- Hovering over a player’s name in a multiplayer lobby will now also display that persons 1v1 rating.
- Modified the text displayed after a player disconnects to advise that grievances be filed in the sticky thread at the official Red Alert 3 forums.
- The multiplayer login screen will now remember your last successful username and online ID.
- The game will now check for patches at startup, and not just when playing multiplayer.
- There is now a fast forward button in replays (the “>” key will still work as well)
- Fixed a bug that would cause ore collectors to stop gathering when a building with repair drones was placed while the collector was docked at the ore node.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash when left idle in a high population online lobby for an extended period of time.
- Fixed a bug that caused garrisoning units to follow a twinblade from the ground if a stop command was given to the twinblade during the garrison.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed walls and wall hubs to be built on spaces occupied by enemy infantry.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed multiple walls to be built simultaneously.
- Fixed an exploit that granted credits and an engineer withoutdestorying the MCV when sold.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Allies to build instantly via cryocopter and chrono rift.
- Fixed a desync that may have occured while loading an online co-op game.
Here are the major v1.07 Patch highlights:
- Fixes an issue which prevents Steam users from loading maps in WorldBuilder.
Here are the major v1.06 Patch highlights:
- New, Improved Automatch! Get into games much faster thanks to a completely new match-bot system.
- Balance exploit fix: No more “Crane Exploit”
After seven years, the wait is almost over. The return to the over-the-top, time-altered universe of Red Alert – where parachuting armored bears, George Takei, war dolphins and psionic Japanese school girls can co-exist without question – is almost here! EA Los Angeles is announcing today that Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 has gone gold for the PC and will ship to retail stores on October 28th, 2008.
Red Alert 3 brings back everything fans enjoy about the series, from the fast, fluid and fun gameplay, to the humorous tone and distinct art style, while adding new innovations for the entire genre including three separate campaigns designed for fully co-operative play and an unprecedented emphasis on naval gameplay. And it would not be a Red Alert game without live-action cinematics featuring the largest cast in the history of video games, starring in over an hour’s worth of high-definition movies, including the likes of Gemma Atkinson, Gina Carano, Randy Couture, Tim Curry, Kelly Hu, Jenny McCarthy, Jonathan Pryce, Autumn Reeser, J.K. Simmons, Peter Stormare, George Takei and more.
Aside from the standard edition of Red Alert 3, EA is also offering die-hard Red Alert and Command & Conquer fans the Red Alert 3 Premier Edition – a limited edition package that includes a bonus DVD with over an hour of exclusive content, including interviews with the cast and a behind the scenes look at the shooting of the game’s cinematic sequences. The Premier Edition is also packed full of additional Red Alert 3 goodness, including exclusive multiplayer maps, strategy tips from the development team, the official soundtrack and an exclusive beta key to a future Command & Conquer game.
For fans of the series who want to reserve their version of the Premier Edition or regular edition now, EA is also offering the following special pre-order package:
- Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 – One of the most beloved RTS games of all time for FREE!
- From Fighter to Assassin – A featurette on EliteXC superstar, Gina Carano.
- Red Alert Retrospective – A look back at Command & Conquer Red Alert, Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and Command & Conquer: Yuri’s Revenge
- Premier Edition Sneak Peek – Exclusive previews of Raising of the Iron Curtain, From Pens to Pixels, Command School, and BattleCast Primetime
- Exclusive multiplayer/skirmish map for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 when the game ships
- Exclusive Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 desktop wallpapers
And as an additional bonus, everyone who purchases either the Premier Edition or regular version of Red Alert 3 will receive a “Women of Red Alert 3” poster and a redemption code for the Kossar’s Helm, an exclusive in-game item for EA and Mythic Entertainment’s critical hit Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Using this traditional Soviet hat turns your character into a bear – you don’t want to be seen rampaging through WAR’s capital cities without it!
- OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
- Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
- Memory – XP/Vista: 1 GB
- Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
- DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
- Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X1800 or higher end DirectX 9.0c compatible gfx card
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards require a Intel P4 2.6 GHz or similar under Vista, Yamaha Xwave-512 not supported)
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
- Input - Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – VoIP Headset
Command & Conquer fans eager to experience Red Alert 3 before anyone else can get early access to the beta (PC only) by picking up a copy of C&C 3: Kane's Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection later this year. By ordering C&C 3: Kane’s Wrath and registering with the Beta Key before September 15th, 2008, you are guaranteed a chance to play the multiplayer Beta before Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 releases.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 on PC will ship Oct. 28, while the Xbox 360 will launch on Nov. 11th, 2008.
More articles about Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3