Black College Football Xperience: The Doug Williams Edition is a first-of-its-kind game that immerses players in the rich culture, history and pageantry of football game day on Historically Black College and University (HBCU) campuses. The game fuses realistic, bone-jarring football action created using the Unreal 3.0 engine with two unique new rhythm games – the interactive Halftime Show and Drum Line Challenge. In addition, a wealth of historical data has been integrated in the Legacy Museum and dozens of licensed tracks performed by college football’s most entertaining marching bands are included in the game’s Jukebox.
“The unique tradition and history of these great institutions is like no other in the world of sports, and they have contributed so much to the collegiate and professional game of football,” said Jacqueline S. Beauchamp, Co-Founder, Chairwoman, and CEO of Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. "We have gone to great lengths with BCFx to give fans the excitement, the action, the music, the halftime shows and history that make up a culture that so many people enjoy, and yet so many others aren’t really aware of, in order to have an experience that everyone can appreciate on video game consoles.”
Added Ted Staloch, Executive Vice President of Aspyr, “One of the great things about the videogame business is that we get to immerse players in these amazing, fun worlds. From the comfort of your living room you can now be a rock star, sports star, super hero and more. With BCFx – The Doug Williams Edition players are getting this fantastic, multi-faceted game experience where they get to be the hero on the gridiron, pound out beats on their drum set with the most electric marching bands on the planet and learn about a college sports culture that is vibrant, passionate and has had such great significance to the game of football as we know it today.”
BCFx – The Doug Williams Edition features teams from 36 HBCU schools – including each campus’ beautifully rendered stadium brimming with game day atmosphere – and offers players multiple modes of gridiron action. The Road to the Championship lets gamers pick a school and navigate a grueling schedule on their way to the BCFx Black College Football National Championship while The Classics Mode takes players through a season of legendary HBCU rivalries. In addition, quick play is offered for single and multi-player fun and Practice Mode is where players hone their skills.
BCFx – The Doug Williams Edition truly sets itself apart with its two interactive rhythm game modes. The Drum Line Challenge is a head-to-head Drum Line competition where the gamer performs along with band songs and drum line cadences using a controller or drum pad peripheral. Interactive Halftime Shows let players work the controller and participate in real-time with the renowned halftime performances and earn bonuses that will aid them in the second half of play.
- Multiple Game Modes:
- The Road To Championship allows the player to battle through a full grueling schedule, from the bitter rivalries of the Classics to the high stakes playoffs, getting closer and closer to the ultimate goal – the BCFx Black College Football National Championship.
- The Classics Mode journeys through a season of classic rivalries from the Labor Day Classic to the Bayou Classic, where the user can play their favorite rivalry game in a tradition filled with pageantry and excitement.
- Practice Mode is the place to hone those skills, develop a winning strategy, and learn which plays in the playbook will be successfull in preparation for battle against your opponent.
- Drum Line Challenge: The Drum Line Challenge is a rhythm-based mini game that features head to head Drum Line competition with 3 exciting modes of play as well as customizable playlists. The Drumline Challenge allows the user to perform along with band songs and drum line cadences using a controller or a drum pad peripheral. The playlist includes authentic music from the actual HBCU bands and introduces for the first time ever, the BCFx All Star Band performing band classics like Talking Out Of The Side Of Your Neck, In The Stone, Coming to America, Before I Let Go, Do Whatcha Wanna, Word Up, Morris Brown, as well as popular songs like Get Silly by V.I.C., Put On by Young Jeezy, and Low by Flo-Rida.
- R eal-time, Interactive Halftime Shows: Sit back and enjoy the show, or grab the mace and take center stage in these amazing recreations of BCFx’s world renowned halftime
show performances. From the Southern Human Jukebox to the Ocean Of Soul to the FAMU Marching 100, take control and see if you can perform better than your opponent to gain the momentum going into the 2nd half, because we all know that “Halftime is Game time.” You can also play or watch the halftime shows in Experience Mode, where you select your teams, choose single player or two-player mode, and select a difficulty level – Easy, Experienced, Master.
- Legends Museum: The legends museum highlights larger than life legends like Doug Williams, Jerry Rice, Mel Blount, Willie Totten, and David “Deacon” Jones to name a few. The Legendary Coach that all coaches are compared to – Coach Eddie Robinson is also saluted in the Museum. The Museum also showcases the history of the HBCU schools featured in the game and recognizes this years SBN Award recipients.
- The Jukebox: The Jukebox feature highlights all the music in the game featuring live band recordings of songs by Outkast, Beyonce, Earth Wind and Fire, Paula Abdul, Ciara, Cameo played by the marching bands as well as the BCFx All Star Band. Also featured are BCFx original songs by up and coming artists, the majestically orchestrated menu music in the game, and even more with downloadable content!
- In Game Audio Experience: The gaming experience would not be complete without an authentic game day audio experience featuring school fight songs, fanfares, spirit songs, real cheerleader cheers, trash-talking, and dynamic crowds, that will pump up the excitement and drive home the true Black College Football experience.
Black College Football Xperience: The Doug Williams Edition is in development for consoles and PC, scheduled for spring 2009.