Gaming enthusiasts and consumers of all kinds will lineup to be the first to buy the highly-anticipated Nintendo DSi and experience an array of entertainment, including:
- Personalized giveaways from video game art group I Am 8-Bit
- Music by VJ Fader with manipulated video displayed on a giant 360° projection globe
- Interactive gaming stations
- Parkour street running stunt performances
- Nintendo executive Cammie Dunaway and event host Kevin Periera of G4’s “Attack of the Show” leading the count down to midnight when GameStop doors open
On Saturday, April 4, 2009, 9 p.m. – midnight at the GameStop at Universal CityWalk (100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608)
Nintendo is transforming the way people access, experience, create and share content with the new Nintendo DSi™ system, the third iteration of the world’s best-selling portable video game system. With two built-in cameras, new audio recording and playback functions, and downloadable games and applications, Nintendo DSi lets users customize their hand-held gaming experiences like never before. Players can use 10 different interactive “lenses” to manipulate photos in unique ways and share them via local wireless connection. Users can also play with audio filters that let them control the pitch and tempo of recorded voice or music files.
Nintendo DSi, priced at an MSRP of $169.99, officially goes on sale in the U.S. April 5.