Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will focus on reinventing many aspects of the original game, updating the franchise for the 21st Century. A key element that will permeate the game is the charm and humor of the original Majesty. In the world of Majesty, you are the ruler of the kingdom. At your service are your loyal and somewhat obnoxious subordinates, who have their own minds about how things should be done.
Alexey Kozyrev, CEO and Producer at 1C: Ino-Co, explains the role and advantages of a party within the game whereby a group of heroes team-up to fight together. “In Majesty 2 we try to make the heroes mutually complimentary, so that in parties they become stronger than each hero alone. You could say the principle of ‘1+1 = 3 applies.”
Compared to the original Majesty game created by Cyberlore in 2000, the party System will be of much greater importance in Majesty 2. Players will find it more advantageous to form their parties of several classes of character. By joining a party, heroes will be able to realise their full potential as their weaknesses will be offset by the strengths of their companions. For example, a Warrior will be able to brandish his sword in melee combat without the fear of losing all of his health quickly in intense close quarters fighting if he were a lone hero, as his Mage and Archer companions will be able to provide range support for him against their enemies. Heroes of higher levels acquire special abilities designed especially for teamwork.
In contrast to the original game, in Majesty 2 players form parties of heroes themselves. The formation of a party is akin to creating a small battle unit, with the group acting more bravely in combat than alone if they stick together. Some characters will acquire new abilities that can only be used in a group. For example, a Hero-Elf increases the speed of slower members of the group.
Previously unrevealed aspects of the forthcoming Majesty 2: Fantasy Kingdom Sim:
- Marketplaces – Marketplaces are the hub of the kingdom. There is only one marketplace in each kingdom, making them the center of the player’s game world. Because of their centralized locations, marketplaces are common targets for your enemies.
- Trade Posts – Defended by turrets because of their prized attributes, Trade Posts will generate caravans which will travel to the Marketplace.
- Temples – Used to promote basic heroes to more powerful heroes, Temples can be built in places of power only. Places of power are defended by magic creatures which the player needs to defeat before they are able to build a Temple.
- The Stats – 16 missions in each single player campaign. 6 single player scenarios. 8 multiplayer maps. 30+ hours of gameplay
- Play through 4 different campaigns with more than 15 missions, as well as a stand-alone sandbox mode and a variety of multiplayer maps.
- Build the fantasy city of your dreams and experience an engaging world, but beware: monsters are waiting to lay siege to your domain.
- Defend your realm with noble Warriors, spell-wielding Wizards or wild Barbarians. Choose from more than 10 different classes to oversee the protection of your lands.
- Characters will develop in completely different ways, making every hero unique. - Gamespy multiplayer for up to 4 players over LAN or Internet, including support for ranking ladders and tournaments.
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kindom Sim is scheduled for release during Q1 2009 for the PC platform. Confirmation of other platforms will be announced at a later stage.
More articles about Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim