Rare's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, the third installment of the series, embraces new and old fans alike, as the famous bear and bird duo return in stunning high definition for a unique adventure of epic proportions. The Lord of the Games (aka LOG) is tired of the petty squabbling between Banjo and the evil witch Gruntilda (aka Grunty), and has arranged a showdown to decide the rightful owner of Spiral Mountain. Claiming to have created every video game ever made, LOG has built the game worlds in which the contest's challenges take place. Banjo must complete LOG's challenges to win, while Grunty tries to stop him using every method her devious mind can muster.
Polish up that toolkit and prepare to dive back into the vivid world of “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts,” where invigorating new challenges await with the Lord of Games’ (L.O.G) Lost Challenges Game Add-On pack! Worried that Banjo and Kazooie may be falling back into their lazy ways, L.O.G has created a fresh series of tests and seven additional multiplayer modes for players to continue building their own distinctive vehicle creations. Although Spiral Mountain has been rightfully won, L.O.G. has an enticing reward for completing his new challenges: another version of Klungo’s Arcade game.
Additionally, L.O.G.’s Lost Challenges will include the blueprints from seven lucky Xbox fans from the United States, Canada and Japan whose winning creations were selected by RARE from the recent “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” fan vehicle design contest. The winning contraptions can be unlocked by Banjo fans upon completion of the Stop ‘N’ Swop feature within “Banjo-Tooie” on Xbox LIVE Arcade later this spring. These incredible machines ranging from a beetle to a carousel and a robot prove that “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” is a game where the only limits to your adventure is your imagination.
L.O.G.’s Lost Challenges offers players the ability to earn up to 250 achievement points as they immerse themselves into 12 new challenges and 7 new multiplayer games. Releasing on April 7th, it will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 400 Microsoft points.
- An adventure that starts with your imagination. If you can imagine it, you can build it in the Mumbo's Motors easy-to-use workshop. Then put your creation to the test as you take on Grunty in your quest for Spiral Mountain. Unlike other games, where the player progressively picks up new skills or abilities at points predetermined by the game's creator, "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" puts the power of improving Banjo's abilities into the hands of the players as they build vehicles that allow Banjo to progress through the game. Vehicle parts include a wide variety of body panels, engines, wheels, wings, propellers, fuel and weapons, plus many more weird and wonderful gadgets such as floaters, Mumbo Bombos and the versatile sticky ball. Players can design and create anything from a simple object-carrying truck to a space-age flying saucer. Once players have designed their creation, they give it the finishing touch by painting it and choosing a suitable name before Banjo jumps in and pilots it into action.
- Customizable experience. With more than 100 contraption parts and unlimited possible combinations, no two players will have the same experience in "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts." By exploring the vast game worlds, discovering hidden secrets and solving puzzles to win rewards, players continually find more and more ways to customize and improve their contraptions, creating an unprecedented level of user-generated content for a 3-D platform adventure game.
- Fun right out of the box. Don't worry if you aren't the world's greatest inventor or want to skip the workshop and get straight to the action, because "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" comes with a fully loaded experience right out of the box. Pre-built vehicles are included so players can jump right in and get started, with many more contraptions available for purchase throughout the adventure using the in-game currency system of musical notes.
- Xbox LIVE gets in on the fun. For the first time in franchise history, "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" is going to include competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay. Now players can face off head-to-head in multiple multiplayer modes or team up and play cooperatively via Xbox Live. And with the title's online blueprint sharing system, players can share their designs over Xbox LIVE with friends and gamers everywhere. Rare has an extremely dedicated and active fan base, and we expect this addition combined with the unlimited user-generated content of "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" to help further grow and inspire that community, and push their creative limits!
- Engaging storyline and entertaining characters. Two of Rare's most beloved characters have returned from retirement, making their debut on Xbox 360. To win the deed to their homeland and prevent the evil witch Gruntilda from developing it into tower blocks and malls, Banjo and his best friend Kazooie battle over land, sea and air against their longtime rival. Familiar faces such as Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, Captain Blubber and the Jinjos are also back to lend a hand, along with an equally colorful cast of new friends and foes. Players can look out for Trophy Thomas, Piddles, Lord of the Games and Grunty's mechanically menacing army of Gruntbots.
- Innovation connecting the franchise's past and present. With the power of Xbox 360, this newly activated feature, known as Stop ‘N' Swop, connects "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" to the upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade release of the original "Banjo-Kazooie." Players' accomplishments in the new game will be rewarded with extra content and features in the Xbox LIVE Arcade game, encouraging fans to dive into as much "Banjo" as they can get their hands on!
- Enjoy alone or with friends. "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" offers complete single-player and multiplayer experiences. Gamers can play through the adventure alone in the single-player campaign, or with friends in competitive or cooperative challenges alone or in teams on Xbox LIVE.
- Fun for everyone. Xbox 360 is the home to the best entertainment experiences for everyone. With "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts," Xbox 360 continues to build its impressive lineup of content that appeals to people of all ages and types.
More articles about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts