Peggle for Xbox Live Arcade delivers a number of new and exclusive features to the Xbox 360 gamer, including the first-ever online multiplayer Peggle experience with Peg Party mode, where up to four players can compete simultaneously over Xbox Live. The game also features local and Xbox Live 2-player Duel mode, downloadable content support, achievements, rich online leaderboards, HD graphics, and more.
“Peggle has become a cult gaming phenomenon, crossing over and becoming as big a hit with hard core gamers as it has with casual players. This makes XBLA the perfect platform for the game,” stated Greg Canessa, VP of video game platforms at PopCap. “With the XBLA version, we’re delivering even more features that appeal to the diehard enthusiast with an incredible multiplayer experience and community elements that take Peggle to new heights. When you combine the multiplayer experience we’ve created with some of the online features and downloadable content support, PopCap is providing an all-new way to play Peggle competitively with room for expansion and future growth. I know about 200 people at PopCap who can’t wait to see how they stack up against the rest of the Peggle universe!”
Peggle has been optimized for the XBLA platform, works flawlessly with the Xbox controllers, and looks dazzling in high definition.
Among the game’s features are:
- A deep single-player experience, featuring 55 levels of ball-bouncing madness, 10 unlockable Peggle Masters, 75 Challenge mode levels, Quick Play Mode and more
- Two different multiplayer modes, letting the gamer experience Peggle competitively online for the first time ever (TrueSkill™ ranked or player match)
- 2-player Duel Mode, playable locally or over Xbox Live
- 4-player Peg Party Mode, playable over Xbox Live
- Rich online leaderboards, spanning single player and multiplayer modes
- View instant replays of the highest scoring shots to learn a thing or two from true Peggle masters
- 12 Xbox Live Achievements
- Downloadable content support
- 720p HD graphics and surround sound
- Brand new animated backdrops set the mood for your favorite character
Compelling trial experience featuring Adventure, Quick Play and Challenge Modes, allowing players to try out 3 of the 10 available Peggle Masters
Peggle will be available for download in all Xbox Live regions this Wednesday, March 11 for 800 Microsoft points.