v1.01 patch notes:
- Multiplayer - User is unable to join an online session hosted by a patched game or a game with downloaded content and message "Blahblah" is displayed.
- Multiplayer - User is unable to join an online session if the port is not forwarded to 30000. This causes the message "session no longer exists" to be displayed.
- Assault on Dark Athena - Game crashes on throwing the guards body into the rotating fan.
Previously announced as a remake of hit title The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay with added content, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena contains a brand new full-length campaign which will include the original game re-imagined for a whole new audience, an entirely new chapter in the Riddick saga and, for the first time, intense online multiplayer combat, making it a must-have experience for any fan of intense action gaming.
In The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Riddick, as played by Vin Diesel, using stealth and action to overcome the merciless crew of the predatory Merc-ship Dark Athena which awaits its prey in the dark reaches of space. Cheating death through a series of spectacular battles and events, Riddick will fight for his life amid a storm of malevolence and horror. The Chronicles of Riddick series of games takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures' films The Chronicles of Riddick and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Vin Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick.
In the film’s storyline, Riddick has spent the last five years on the move among the forgotten worlds on the outskirts of the galaxy, eluding mercenaries bent on collecting the price on his head. Now, the fugitive finds himself on planet Helion, home to a progressive multicultural society that has been invaded by the Lord Marshal, a despot who targets humans for subjugation with his army of warriors known as Necromongers.
Exiled to a subterranean prison where extremes of temperature range from arctic nights to volcanic days, Riddick encounters Kyra, the lone survivor from an earlier chapter in his life. His efforts to free himself and Kyra lead him to the Necromonger command ship, where he is pitted against the Lord Marshal in an apocalyptic battle with possibly the fate of all beings-both living and dead-hanging in the balance.
Key Features :
- Multiple forms of combat – Unique blend of first-person range and melee combat with stealth kills and counter-attacks
- Atmospheric and cinematic first person shooter – Great story telling in sci-fi environments handled with AAA Hollywood treatment for an immersive journey through Vin Diesel’s blockbuster universe
- Multiplayer modes – Variety of fast-paced multiplayer and online options available for the first time in the Riddick franchise
- Bonus material –Escape from Butcher Bay, considered as one of the best games of 2004, has been re-mastered and will be included along with The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Written and directed by David Twohy, The Chronicles of Riddick was produced by Scott Kroopf and Vin Diesel. Ted Field, George Zakk and David Womark served as executive producers.
More articles about The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena