The Rock Band 2 soundtrack will feature over 100 songs with over 80 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made available for free download this fall. This builds upon the unparalleled depth and diversity of Rock Band's original set list and its ever-expanding library of downloadable tracks. Comprised entirely of master recordings from some of rock's most prolific and untouchable artists, including AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Pearl Jam and more, Rock Band 2 will deliver the most impressive and largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame ever.
Harmonix and MTV Games announced today it will add a 7-pack of songs featuring some of the biggest hits from Styx and REO Speedwagon to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content. Next week’s lineup also includes a 3-pack from progressive rock outfit Hautewerk.
Styx and REO Speedwagon are two of the most commercially successful American rock bands from the late 70s and early 80s.
The “REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour ’09 Pack” will include three of Styx’s biggest singles that were recently re-recorded, including “Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)” and “Renegade” originally featured on the band’s eighth studio album Pieces of Eight (1978), plus “Too Much Time on My Hands” originally featured on the band’s 1981 concept album Paradise Theatre, the band’s highest charting album of all time. Also included in the 7-pack are REO Speedwagon’s timeless classics “Ridin’ the Storm Out,” originally featured on the band’s third album of the same name (1973), “Roll With the Changes,” originally featured on the band’s seventh studio album, You can Tune a Piano but You Can’t Tuna Fish (1978) and “Take It on the Run,” originally featured on the band’s 9-times platinum 1980 album Hi Infidelity.
The “REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour ’09 Pack” also includes the brand-new collaborative song between Styx and REO Speedwagon, “Can’t Stop Rockin’,” which the band recorded together in anticipation of their upcoming CAN’T STOP ROCKIN’ tour for radio and Rock Band DLC. As previously announced, Rock Band and VH1 Classic are sponsoring the bands' upcoming CAN’T STOP ROCKIN’ tour and will give fans a chance to play the Styx and REO Speedwagon DLC Rock Band tracks on a mini-stage at every concert, win Rock Band giveaways and more! CAN’T STOP ROCKIN’ kicks off on May12th in Amarillo, Texas.
In addition, progressive rockers Hautewerk will be making their Rock Band® Music Store debut next week with three tracks from their 2006 debut album Stop Start Again including “Stop Start Again,” “Alone in My Head” and “I Know Where You Came From.”
- Styx “Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)”
- Styx “Renegade”
- Styx “Too Much Time on My Hands”
- REO Speedwagon “Ridin’ the Storm Out”
- REO Speedwagon “Roll With the Changes”
- REO Speedwagon “Take It on the Run”
- Styx/REO Speedwagon “Can’t Stop Rockin’”
- Hautewerk “Stop Start Again”
- Hautewerk “Alone in My Head”
- Hautewerk “I Know Where You Came From”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
The tracks will be available for purchase as an album or individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PS3. The tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.
- Tuesday, April 21, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
- Thursday, April 23, 2009 (PlayStation Store)
- $1.99 $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
- $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) "REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour '09 Pack"
- $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) “Hautewerk Pack 01”
Rock Band 2 On-Disc Track List:
- AC/DC "Let There Be Rock" 1970s
- AFI "Girl's Gone Grey" 2000s
- Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know" 1990s
- Alice in Chains "Man in the Box" 1990s
- Allman Brothers "Ramblin' Man" 1970s
- Avenged Sevenfold "Almost Easy" 2000s
- Bad Company "Shooting Star" 1970s
- Beastie Boys "So Whatcha Want" 1990s
- Beck "E-Pro" 2000s
- Bikini Kill "Rebel Girl" 1990s
- Billy Idol "White Wedding Pt. I" 1980s
- Blondie "One Way or Another" 1970s
- Bob Dylan "Tangled Up in Blue" 1970s
- Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer" 1980s
- Cheap Trick "Hello There" 1970s
- Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" 1980s
- Dinosaur Jr. "Feel the Pain" 1990s
- Disturbed "Down with the Sickness" 2000s
- Dream Theater "Panic Attack" 2000s
- Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf" 1980s
- Elvis Costello "Pump It Up" 1970s
- Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way" 1970s
- Foo Fighters "Everlong" 1990s
- Guns N' Roses "Shackler's Revenge" 2000s
- Interpol "PDA" 2000s
- Jane's Addiction "Mountain Song" 1980s
- Jethro Tull "Aqualung" 1970s
- Jimmy Eat World "The Middle" 2000s
- Joan Jett "Bad Reputation" 1980s
- Journey "Anyway You Want It" 1970s
- Judas Priest "Painkiller" 1990s
- Kansas "Carry On Wayward Son" 1970s
- L7 "Pretend We're Dead" 1990s
- Lacuna Coil "Our Truth" 2000s
- Linkin Park "One Step Closer" 2000s
- Lit "My Own Worst Enemy" 1990s
- Lush "De-Luxe" 1990s
- Mastodon "Colony of Birchmen" 2000s
- Megadeth "Peace Sells" 1980s
- Metallica "Battery" 1980s
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Where'd You Go" 1990s
- Modest Mouse "Float On" 2000s
- Motorhead "Ace of Spades" 1980s
- Nirvana "Drain You" 1990s
- Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky" 1960s
- Panic at the Disco "Nine in the Afternoon" 2000s
- Paramore "That's What You Get" 2000s
- Pearl Jam "Alive" 1990s
- Presidents of the USA "Lump" 1990s
- Rage Against the Machine "Testify" 1990s
- Ratt "Round & Round" 1980s
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give it Away" 1990s
- Rise Against "Give it All" 2000s
- Rush "The Trees" 1970s
- Silversun Pickups "Lazy Eye" 2000s
- Smashing Pumpkins "Today" 1990s
- Social Distortion "I Was Wrong" 1990s
- Sonic Youth "Teenage Riot" 1980s
- Soundgarden "Spoonman" 1990s
- Squeeze "Cool for Cats" 1970s
- Steely Dan "Bodhitsattva" 1970s
- Steve Miller Band "Rock'n Me" 1970s
- Survivor "Eye of the Tiger" 1980s
- System of a Down "Chop Suey" 2000s
- Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" 1970s
- Tenacious D "Master Exploder" 2000s
- Testament "Souls of Black" 1990s
- The Donnas "New Kid in School" 2000s
- The Go-Go's "We Got the Beat" 1980s
- The Grateful Dead "Alabama Getaway" 1980s
- The Guess Who "American Woman" 1970s
- The Muffs "Kids in America" 1990s
- The Offspring "Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)" 1990s
- The Replacements "Alex Chilton" 1980s
- The Who "Pinball Wizard" 1960s
- Abnormality "Visions" 2000s
- Anarchy Club "Get Clean" 2000s
- Bang Camaro "Night Lies" 2000s
- Breaking Wheel "Shoulder to the Plow" 2000s
- The Libyans "Neighborhood" 2000s
- The Main Drag "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" 2000s
- Speck "Conventional Lover" 2000s
- The Sterns "Supreme Girl" 2000s
- That Handsome Devil "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" 2000s
** The Rock Band 2 on-disc track list is comprised entirely of master recordings.
Rock Band 2 raises the bar in music gaming innovation with new features to rock the world:
- Local and global online modes to connect the entire Rock Band community
- World Tour mode, now online, simplifies the best of gameplay from the original Rock Band by fusing Solo Tour and Band World Tour modes and cranks it up a notch with an all new collection of opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues and hirable staff
- Tour Challenges that offer rockers a chance to play through mini-campaigns focused on the best songs by instrument, decade, genre, artist, album and more
- Battle of the Bands mode challenges players to go head to head against other bands in constantly refreshed contests* created by Harmonix (*internet connection required)
- Quickplay makes it easier than ever to get in and jam without hassle while allowing for new prefab characters or customized characters that can play on any instrument plus lets you make your own set lists and organize your song lists in a variety of categories (genre, era, etc.)
- Customizable Set Lists keep the music rolling and your band rocking in Quickplay mode
- Drum Trainer mode gives players the fundamentals of different beats and fills, translating gameplay into real drumming skills
- Character Creator completes your look with all new choices in clothing, accessories, tattoos, hairstyles, instruments and more to keep your unique rock avatar playing the full rock part
- Backwards compatibility with all Rock Band downloadable music content released to date
- Disc Export Feature gives owners of the original Rock Band the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into Rock Band 2 gameplay-the first time ever in videogame history!
From the solid officially licensed Rock Band 2 instruments to the expanded third party options, Rock Band 2 introduces new and improved choices that promise to deliver unsurpassed realism. In addition, Harmonix and MTV Games have become the first companies to officially support third party instruments and accessories in a music videogame.
Achieve ultimate stardom with the upgraded functionality and smooth new look of the official Rock Band 2 instruments.
- Fender Stratocaster Controller takes on a new authentic look plus adds a reinforced strum bar, quieter buttons, wireless functionality and a built in calibration tool that automatically sets your AV setup to an ideal setting for maximum rock.
- Drum set goes wireless while also featuring quieter, velocity sensitive drum pads and a metal reinforced pedal.
- Microphone showcases authentic styling and weight.
Kick up the intensity with officially licensed third-party instruments from Mad Catz:
- Fender Telecaster Controller features soft buttons with lower action to help you shred faster than ever.
- Fender Bass Controller, the first bass guitar controller ever, takes the shape of the Fender P-Bass with extended length, tuning pegs and a split strum bar to replicate finger-bass style picking.
- Full-sized Squire Stratocaster Guitar Controller multiplies the authentic guitar experience by featuring a controller built into an actual Squire Stratocaster body.
- Cymbal Expansion Pack is a straightforward but amazing upgrade to the Rock Band 2 drum set featuring add-on cymbals.
Take Rock Band 2 instrument authenticity to a whole new level with a high-end peripheral from ION:
- ION Drum Rocker, a real electronic drum kit that functions as a game controller, brings the Rock Band fantasy to life featuring a simple substitution that takes the drum kit from a controller to a real instrument.
Rock Band 2 is currently available on Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii.
More articles about Rock Band