Based in Bristol, Majesco Europe will oversee the marketing, distribution and sales of a product catalogue bristling with mainstream titles on handheld and home console formats, with its first games due to launch in May 2009.
Jason Dutton, Managing Director, Majesco Europe, comments, “Establishing a full publishing and sales presence in the UK is extremely important strategically to Majesco. With a past history of success in the UK and Europe via third parties, we are now in the position to move forward with a full self-publishing and sales operation and build as solid a foundation in the UK as Majesco has built in the US.” Dutton continues: “With the strong product catalogue we have in place, along with some talented new personnel, we are in line to make a real mark on the UK publishing landscape in 2009. We’ll be announcing our new recruits and release schedule for Q3 very shortly.”
Majesco Europe’s upcoming line-up includes:
- Night At The Museum 2 for Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS launches in the UK at the same time as Twentieth Century Fox’s highly-anticipated theatrical release of the same name debuting in cinemas May 22nd. Featuring the voice and likeness of the film’s star, Ben Stiller, the video game recreates the excitement and humour from the feature film as players adventure through Smithsonian exhibits that come alive at night.
- Major Minor's Majestic March for Wii marks the return of the creative team behind the renowned PaRappa the Rapper franchise - legendary game designer and multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Alan Greenblat. The game turns the Wii Remote into a "special" baton the bandleader Major Minor uses to keep tempo, recruit new band members and pick up valuable items, while marching through whimsical locations.
- Cake Mania: In the Mix! for Wii marks the first introduction of Sandlot Games' best-selling PC title on the Wii system. The game integrates motion-based control with the series' signature cake-baking multi-tasking gameplay style.
- Cake Mania 2 for DS is the sequel to the best-selling DS game based on Sandlot Games' award-winning downloadable title. Players lead Jill Evans through more than 200 different levels of baking and frosting madness with an all-new customer base, exotic locations, kitchen upgrades and multiple endings.
- Powerbike for DS is an intense motorcycle racer that features death-defying stunts, intense police chases and competitive multiplayer modes.
- Puffins Island Adventure for DS lets players experience life as part of a Puffin flock as they fly, dive, swim, explore and start a family in this fun and educational experience focused on one of nature's more unusual and endearing sea birds.
- Drama Queens for DS tasks players with juggling their love life, career and friendships as they compete in a popularity contest set within a virtual 3D board game.
- Go Play Circus Star for Wii includes a full collection of all-time favorite circus attractions. Featuring support for the Wii Balance Board accessory, the game lets players wow the crowd with death-defying stunts, animal tricks and sleight of hand in 15 different events.
- Wonder World Amusement Park for DS is the first game from Majesco Studios Santa Monica. This companion game to the Wii version lets players experience a complete day at the park in the palm of their hands. Using the Touch Screen, players can toss, drive, shoot, whack, fish and spin in more than two dozen mini-games throughout six themed zones.
- Left Brain Right Brain 2 for DS allows you to hone your mental skills to become truly ambidextrous. While training your hands with all new speed based DS mini-games, you'll also be training the left and right hemispheres of your brain. It's like two games in one!
- Marker Man Adventures for DS is a unique game based on drawing and physics challenges in which players maneuver the charming stick figure, Marker Man, through a myriad of scrolling world puzzles in his attempt to find his best friend, Doodle Dog.
- Our House: Party! for Wii turns the Wii Remote into the ultimate home renovating tool that lets up to four players compete ‘party-style’ to build their own personalized trophy home that they can then share with friends via WiiConnect24.
- A Boy and His Blob for Wii is a rebirth of the NES classic that expands upon the original platform adventure and features groundbreaking hand drawn and painted animation technology. By feeding the blob jelly beans, players can activate his special abilities to transform him into tools that help the pair solve puzzles, defeat monsters and escape danger.