Starting out your buccaneering career you can choose to go it alone and become the most feared pirate on the seven seas, terrorizing Spaniard and English gentleman alike. Or prove your loyalty and take the coin of one of four different navies: French, English, Spanish or Dutch.
Sailing the high seas as a swashbuckling dread pirate or as a dashing naval captain, you will explore strange new countries and alien civilization, raid and plunder fortified ports and cities, and search for ancient treasures. But beware, the dead do not sleep easy and in the dark South American jungles myth and reality intertwine.
Solve the ancient mysteries of a vanishing tribe, cross swords with the most notorious swashbucklers ever to sail the ocean blue and make sure that no foe ever sets foot on land again.
Fortune and glory awaits you! Destiny awaits you, but destiny though is what you make it…!
“This sequel to the popular Age of Pirates franchise reinvents itself with a larger playing field and exciting new content from a new combat system and trading options to numerous quests and character classes,” said Rogier Smit, executive vice president of Playlogic. “The game’s free-roaming options expand the storyline and challenge players with endless hours of adventure.”
- Face fierce ship-to-ship combat or stand toe-to-toe with the most feared swordsmen in the Caribbean
- Choose from 3 different characters and 3 different classes, Merchant, Corsair and Adventurer, each with their own quest line with more than 10 missions
- Four main campaigns with over 40 quests
- Over 40 quest generators allowing for an additional infinite amount of quests
- New combat system for faster fights
- Choose from 3 weapon classes: light, medium and heavy
- New “PIRATES” role playing system with the following characteristics: Power, Impression, Reaction, Authority, Talent, Endurance, Success
- Advanced trading system
- Meet real-life historical characters such as Jamaican governors Colonel Thomas Lynch and Thomas Modyford
- Accurate maps of the Caribbean with a vast array of land-based locations, from dense South American jungle to dark Caribbean cave complexes (3 times the size of the “Caribbean Tales” world)
Almost everything can be adjusted to players' wishes, making customization and resource management a key element to gameplay. Let this serve as a warning; in Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships the dead do not sleep easy, and both myth and reality frequently intertwine.
Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships is coming to retail stores nationwide May 12, 2009.
More articles about Age of Pirates II: City of Abandoned Ships