Throughout each stage, random trash items will be delivered via crane to players who can then manipulate the speed and direction they fall using the DualShock 3 controller. The trash can will quickly reach full capacity unless the trash is broken down or dealt with by strategically using various elements given throughout each stage. Items will continue to be dropped until the player successfully compacts a certain number of items or ends up with an overflowing trash can. Each level will also feature a giant Boss item that players need to destroy in a certain amount of time to avoid getting penalized. At the end of each stage, each player will be rated by how “eco-friendly” or “ego-friendly” each stage was completed. The more “eco-friendly,” the higher the rating. Ratings help in unlocking various levels and modes.
Spread across three different game modes, Trash Panic offers fun gaming for everyone. The Main Mode will take players progressively through six stages that increase in difficulty the further you advance. Vs. Mode allows two players to battle one another on the same screen. And lastly, Mission Mode offers mini-games for those who want to further their fun with a variety of waste management missions.
Trash Panic also offers ways for players to show off their skills with trophy support and online learderboards. Additionally, players will have a recording option to upload up to 10 minutes of a gaming session onto YouTube to share with the rest of the world!
It’s fast, furious – and socially responsible – what more could you want on Earth Day?
- Eco-Friendly Gaming – Trash Panic’s eco-conscious theme provides a new take on gaming while making players more aware of “environmentally friendly” ways to dispose waste.
- Accessible Controls – Using DualShock3 controller, Trash Panic’s pick-up-and-play controls allow for immediate fun for hours for both casual and hard-core gamers.
- Addictive Gameplay – The unique setting and strategic game objective allows for endless hours and addictive gameplay, as well as competition in a social setting.
- YouTube Upload Feature – With a recording option embedded in the game, Trash Panic allows players to show off their strategies and skills with the rest of the world through one of the biggest social networking sites.
- Vs. Mode – Supports 1-2 players locally. Players can either battle against the computer or test their skills against a friend.
- Online Rankings and Trophy Support – Leaderboards and trophies will motivate players to aspire to both single player and multiplayer high scores!
Available exclusively for PS3 as a download from PlayStation Network, Trash Panic will be released May 2009.