BattleStations: Pacific is the immense sequel to the critically acclaimed Battlestations: Midway. The innovative franchise returns to complete the entire Pacific War with two massive single-player campaigns, the historically based US campaign and a historically possible Japanese campaign.
Players will experience one war through two epic sagas to be a part of history or change it. Commanding the US Fleet, players relive the grandest and most critical naval battles of the Pacific War and for the first time, as the Japanese, players lead the IJN Fleet to a completely different ending to the war.
No other game delivers the challenge of an RTS with the rush of real-time WWII flight and naval warfare. Players need intelligence and expertise to plan their moves in order to remain one step ahead of the opponent. The players command both strategy and action to anticipate every opponent move and turn the tide of war.
Twice the size of the original, the sequel includes 28 major battles, 100 units including 21 new units, five new innovative multi-player modes across eight new multi-player maps, and new features which include island capture, kamikaze attacks, and an improved easy-to-use interface.
The demo, available for XBL and PC on April 30, includes one action-packed mission from the US campaign, Divine Winds of Leyte, throwing the player into the thick of the action with a Kamikaze attack on a US carrier fleet. Also included are two multiplayer modes, Island Capture and Siege, each available to play offline in ‘Skirmish’, a new game mode which allows players to tackle any of the multiplayer maps in single-player against an AI-controlled enemy.
- Combined Real-Time Strategy, Flight, and Naval Action gameplay: Command the air, sea, and sub forces. Launch full-scale attacks and at anytime switch to and take full-control of any plane, ship or sub. You command, fly the attack, fire the battleship’s 15-inch guns, and submerge the mini-sub anyway you choose throughout the battle.
- Two Massive Campaigns: 28 full-scale battles across two unique campaigns. The historic American campaign begins after Midway and goes to Guadalcanal, Leyte, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and more. The “what if” Japanese campaign begins at Pearl Harbor and goes to the Java Sea, Port Moresby, Midway, and beyond.
- 100 War Machines: Fighters, bombers, carriers, battleships, cruisers, destroyers, subs, mini subs and more. 17 US planes including the new Corsair fighters and Curtis Helldivers, and 20 Japanese planes including the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden (Thunderbolt), and the night-fighting Nakajima J1N1 Gekko.
- Innovative Online Multi-player Battles: Huge multi-unit battles for up to eight players (four on each side) on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. The largest battle involves over 100 units. And five all-new online gameplay modes: Island capture, Duel, Siege, Escort, and Competitive.
- New Kamikaze attacks: The deadly attack is now fully integrated. Also features the manned Ohka, rocket powered kamikaze aircraft.
- New Island Capture: Capture and hold islands. Support the landing forces and take over artillery, radar stations, and airstrips.
- New Cockpit View: Go inside the WWII cockpits of fighters, dive bombers, torpedo planes and more.
- New Skirmish mode: Team up with a friend against the AI and expand your single player and multi-player experience.
New Level of Realism: Greater detail and depth of field. New plane and ship destruction effects. Bullet tracers. New smoke and fire effects.
- New Interface: Improved command and control map screen, artillery, and repair controls. New hints and tips feature for new players.
Battlestations: Pacific is set to release in North America on May 12th and May 15th across Europe and Australia on Xbox 360 and PC.
More articles about Battlestations: Pacific