In Spyborgs, players take on the role of a diverse team of five bionic superspies in a fight to save the world from a group of dastardly villains.
The first title developed by Bionic Games, a newly-formed development team comprised of former Insomniac Games and High Impact developers known for their work on hugely popular franchises Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man, Spyborgs is a unique action-adventure game set in a stylish world that resembles a Saturday morning cartoon. Engaging players in team-based challenges designed to utilize 2-player co-op play, Spyborgs takes the theme of “team” to a whole new level of fun. In Single-player mode the “team” theme continues as players jump from one member of the superspies’ team to the next, rapidly tackling different challenges designed around each character’s unique abilities. Fast, addictive gameplay, unique controls offered by the Wii Remote, and a storyline that refuses to take itself too seriously, Spyborgs will provide players with a dynamic and fresh gaming experience like no other.
Spyborgs’ tongue-in-cheek action and compelling interactive cartoon theme keeps players engaged from the first episode to the last with one of the most fun and entertaining games to be developed for the Wii.
A cybernetically-enhanced group of super heroes is set-up to die by a former team member they trusted. When players take control of the weapon-enhanced cyborgs in their pursuit of the traitor, they will come together in 2-player co-op to face over 35 stages of mind-blowing challenges packed with epic boss battles and swarms of enemies that only a team of two can defeat!
In Spyborgs, players select two of the three Spyborg characters and use the motion-based Wii-remote to shoot, slash and pummel their way through hordes of mechanized enemies. With an in-depth 2-player co-op system, players will be able to strategically jump back and forth from one member of the team to the other, rapidly tackling different challenges with their unique abilities.
Players can also experience the frenetic fun with a friend in co-op, which opens up access to stylized co-op finishing moves. This advanced co-op system utilizing the Wii-remote motion control delivers an unparalled, highly interactive gameplay experience perfectly suited for Wii action fans. Spyborgs provides players with a dynamic and fresh approach to beat-em-up, brawler gameplay.
- Stunning Graphics: Pushing the graphics capabilities of the Wii, Spyborgs will offer a variety of vibrant environments and detailed character models alongside action-packed gameplay.
- Extreme Co-Op: Designed around the 2-player co-op experience whether playing alone or with friends, single players can jump seamlessly between characters at any time to take advantage of their unique weapons and skills while friends can tag-team it to create crazy combos and finisher moves for the ultimate brawl.
- Brawler-style Gameplay: Action-packed, intuitive gameplay for all skill-levels.
- Robust combo system to master: Multiple character specific combos allow players to chain light and heavy attacks to increase their Combo/Power meters and unleash devastating “Finisher” moves and “Co-Op Finisher” moves.
- Upgradeable Attack System: Power-up by collecting “crimson spark” currency from defeated enemies and destructible environments to purchase upgrades.
- Instant Character Swap: Users can instantly switch between two characters mid-combat to utilize each character’s strengths.
- Cinematic Boss Battles: Epic, action-packed and absolutely thrilling battles featuring full-screen, dynamic and wickedly challenging bosses.
- Robust Achievement system: Similar to Xbox 360 and PSN, players are rewarded with an Achievement Title signifying their accomplishment. Taking it one step further, these Achievements also unlock bonus videos, concept art and new challenges in the game.
Spyborgs is scheduled to launch in 2009.
More articles about Spyborgs