“Mickey Rourke was our first choice to play Marcinko in Rogue Warrior,” said Todd Vaughn, Executive Producer of Rogue Warrior. “He absolutely, one-hundred percent captures Marcinko’s raw and gritty personality.”
Rourke has appeared in numerous well-known films over the years, including “Rumble Fish”, “Nine ½ Weeks” and “Sin City”. Most recently, Rourke has enjoyed critical acclaim for his role as Randy “The Ram” Robinson in “The Wrestler” for which he won a Golden Globe and a Spirit award in the ‘Best Actor in a Leading Role’ category and earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
Rogue Warrior was inspired by Marcinko’s New York Times bestseller of the same name and his subsequent novels based loosely on his own past military experiences. Playing as “Demo Dick” Marcinko, you are sent on a clandestine operation to disrupt a suspected North Korean ballistic missile program. Soon into the mission, you uncover a conspiracy and must covertly enter the USSR to destroy a technology that could change the balance of geopolitical power, leaving a trail of destruction in your wake.
- Play as a Real Life Legend: Play as Richard “Demo Dick” Marcinko – a real-life American badass. His defiant, crude, and sometimes ruthless behavior has earned him both glory and infamy in the history books. Now you take on his explosive nature as you engage in black ops and go against the rules of conventional warfare to get the job done.
- Brutal Kills: With more than 25 uniquely brutal kill moves, do what it takes to take out the enemy. No trick is too dirty as you maintain the element of surprise whenever possible - find and kill the enemy before they find you.
- Targets of Opportunity: Be an instrument of destruction as you create tactical advantages by eliminating any and all targets that would otherwise benefit the enemy.
- Multiplayer Mode: Go head to head against others online and even perform brutal kill moves on your friends.
- Award-winning Talent: Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee Mickey Rourke voices Dick Marcinko’s in-game character.
Rogue Warrior is currently under development for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC at Rebellion Studios and is scheduled for release in Q4 2009.
More articles about Rogue Warrior