Join thousands of other players and make your home in Free Realms! Do what you want to do, when you want to do it, in a lush, living, 3D world filled with lush landscapes and fun wildlife.
Free Realms gameplay is as varied as the people who play. Looking for adventure? Unlock jobs like Ninja, Explorer and Wizard to battle enemies and disarm traps as you search for lost treasure, or duel other players. Battling not for you? Take time to teach your pet a new trick, decorate your house, or grow vegetables and flowers. When you're ready for a different kind of challenge, play a wide variety of completely integrated mini-games to craft useable items or get your high score onto the leaderboards.
There's always something new to see and do in the world of Free Realms, with weekly and monthly content updates, regular and special events, and even player-created parties and celebrations.
No need to go to the store, spend money on the box, or take hours installing and patching the game. Get in the game quickly and easily from your web browser, create your character, and be playing in a full 3D game world client within minutes!
“To record the theme song for a video game with as much buzz as Free Realms is epic!,” said Ben Peterson, lead singer of The Dares. “Not only does this song fit in with our sound, but it also gets across the feeling that in Free Realms you can do what you want, when you want.”
The Dares, initially consisting of twins Ben and Matt Peterson, have been writing, recording and performing together for the majority of their lives, and were recently signed to Jive Records. Ben and Matt originally formed the band in their home state of Vermont when they were just eight years old. The band’s songwriting prowess and ace showmanship landed them gigs ranging from all-ages shows to the 2002 Winter Olympics Torch Event in Burlington, VT where they rocked an audience of 10,000. In 2003, the Peterson family moved to California, and Martin Lascano joined the band. Since then, The Dares have won “Best Band” at the Long Beach Battle of Bands, been nominated for two Orange County Music Awards and have made a name for themselves at famous Hollywood clubs such as The Viper Room and Key Club.
The track was conceived and composed exclusively for the Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) game by Robbie Nevil and Matthew Gerrard. Nevil burst on to the music scene with his international smash hit, "C'est La Vie,” while Gerrard composed mega-hits such as Kelly Clarkson’s number one song, “Breakaway”. Since 2006, Robbie and Matthew have teamed up to co-write and produce many of the biggest “tween” anthems including, “The Best of Both Worlds”, the Hannah Montana theme song. Together they are responsible for many of the key songs from the High School Musical (HSM) series including the showstopper, “I Don’t Dance” from HSM II.
Key Features :
- Free Gameplay: Free Realms is free to play, however additional content can be accessed through a membership or micro transaction.
- Rich Character Creation: With thousands of customizations and combinations, you can blend fantasy and reality to create your perfect avatar.
- Be Whoever You Want: Characters aren't locked into classes or jobs - you can be a wizard one minute and a race car driver the next.
- Kid-Safe: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat, reporting and filters for younger players.
- Fun for Everyone: With so much to do and see it’s easy to find something for you! Start by playing one of 14 different styles of minigames like cooking, kart racing, mining, demolition derby and music conducting. The action doesn’t stop there, as there are over 460 quests for everyone with an additional 240 available to Members. Even though combat is optional, there are 80 free battles and 15 additional Members Only battles—plenty of action for those eager to fight fierce creatures!
- Vibrant, Deep Environment: Eight distinct, unique and breathtaking environments for gamers to explore for launch. Areas include the snowcapped mountain villages of Snowhill, the dark and mysterious Blackspore, and real fun in the sun at Seaside.
- Connect with Friends: Whether you’re meeting up with old friends or finding new ones, Free Realms lets players stay connected through its social networking page. Just log in, see what your friends have been up to, click their avatars and join them in the game!
- Trading Card Game: The Free Realms™ Trading Card Game will let players pit a variety of fun characters and creatures against one another in fun, fast-paced combat. Half the game is collecting new cards, to arm yourself with the best line up of attacks and defenses. You can even prove your might in online tournaments!
SOE is currently accepting early registration for open beta, set to start in early April, while the game is scheduled for Q2 2009.
More articles about Free Realms