The main hero Alexander Nesterov is a meteorologist occasionally caught inside an old nuclear ice-breaker North Wind, frozen in the ice desert many years ago. This steel creature once fought for its life and freedom, but has fallen into an ice trap and all the creatures on its board lost not only their natural look, but a right to die. Cryostasis is a story about a drama of a Captain and his Ship evolving in the atmosphere of animal fear.
- The game develops with help of a unique system called Mental Echo - the ability to penetrate another character's memory and change the actions taken by the character in the past
- Highly detailed levels based on a real Russian ice-breaker
- More than 15 fearful enemies with unique capabilities
- 7 NPC’s which help to reveal the story
- 8 historically-authentic weapon types
- A physics and weather system with realistic ice, frost and snow
The player’s goal is to prevent the ship's and captain's death using Mental Echo by correcting other characters' mistakes that have been made in the past.
The game is being developed on the proprietary top of the edge AtmosFear 2.0 engine which is on a par with the most advanced world’s game technologies.
Technical engine features are:
- Unified Dynamic Shadowing system – fully dynamic, moving light sources casting soft shadows on all objects
- Parallax mapping/displacement, alpha and color projective, depth of field, gloss map, tone mapping
- Advanced characters’ and objects’ physics
- Realistic fur dynamically illuminated by light sources
More articles about Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason