Marvel VS Capcom 2 features the biggest roster of challengers to ever square off in a Capcom fighting game, a total of 56 combined brawlers from both the Capcom and Marvel universes. From the world of Capcom comes characters such as Ryu from the Street Fighter series, Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil games and unofficial company mascot Mega Man®. Marvel is represented by some of its biggest names, including the Invincible Iron Man, Captain America, the Sentinel of Liberty, and War Machine, Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. Players can mix and match from both worlds in order to create their own ideal three man/woman/robot/monster team-up.
Marvel VS Capcom 2 is designed to be a gateway for new players to experience the fun of fighting games while providing a deep system for hardcore fighting fans to dig into. Action is based around colorful, exaggerated attacks that include gigantic projectile attacks (such as Ryu’s fireball or Dr. Doom’s Plasma Beam) and high-flying aerial moves (like Spider-Man’s Maximum Spider or Cammy’s Killer Bee Attack). The controls are somewhat simplified from the classic six-button system at the heart of Capcom games like Street Fighter® IV, utilizing a four-button control scheme for the action, with two “assist” buttons that pull in your team members for additional support.
Due to the amazing combination of Marvel and Capcom characters and the game’s celebrated fighting system and graphics, MvC2 has been a hotly sought-after title on the game collector’s circuit. Previously owned copies for older game consoles have been demanding more than $100 in auctions and at specialty video game outlets. Now players who have been desperately searching out used copies of the game will be able to go hands-on and play online with the same great online experience from Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Additionally, Capcom has added an optional advanced visual filter that improves the overall appearance of the game and added online modes, including Ranked Matches and the popular Player “Quarter” Match, that allows up to four people to watch and chat while two others are battling it out.
A Marvel vs. Capcom 2 demo will be released on the PlayStation Network Thursday, April 30 and include six characters (Ryu, Chun Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Wolverine), six backgrounds, and options to play local or online multiplayer matches.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 achievements:
- Mega Buster: Win 50 Ranked Matches online (10).
- #1 in the Hood: Win 100 Ranked Matches online 20
- I Am Doom: Defeat multiplayer opponent in under 15 second (20).
- Hyakuretsu Kyaku: Perform a 100 hit combo in multiplayer (10).
- Berserker Barrage: Perform a 200 hit combo in multiplayer (20).
- Shun Goku Satsu: Perform a 3 part hyper comboin multiplayer (10).
- The Best There Is (At What I Do): Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams in ranked match (50).
- Get Out Of Here!!!: Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams in ranked match (10).
- Avengers Assemble!: Beat the game with Avengers theme team in Arcade Mode (20).
- Vampire Saviors: Beat the game with Darkstalkers theme team in Arcade Mode (10).
- Uncanny Heroes: Beat the game with X-Men theme team in Arcade Mode (10).
- World Warriors: Beat the game with Street Fighter theme team in Arcade Mode (10).
Marvel VS Capcom 2, rated T for Teen, will be available on Xbox Live Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points and the PlayStation Network for $14.99 when the game goes live this summer.
More articles about Marvel vs. Capcom 2