Killing Floor is co-op survival horror game. Up to 6 players in online co-op mode, or just you, on your own, playing the Solo mode. The aim – cleanse each area of zombies, in waves, until you get to the last one. The Big One. The Patriarch. Then exterminate him, too. Actually, they aren’t “zombies”. They are the left-over “specimens” from a cheap and dirty government program to clone soldier-monsters. The basic ones will just munch on your arm and try to disembowel you. The bigger ones were the first ones they tried arming. Nothing much. Just a chainsaw or a blade for starters. They had just got on to the chain gun and rockets when the government tried to secretly shut down their secret program.
But, in the typical way these things go, the program didn’t want to be shut down. The specimens got loose. No-one was left alive to turn off the specimen-cloning equipment. And now they are running amok. Well, some of them are running amok. Others are shambling amok or even jumping amok, but you get the idea.
The police were sent in, but that wasn’t even a challenge for the specimens. The first army units hadn’t been warned what to expect. The screams of “its got a bloody chainsaw!” over the radios probably didn’t do much for morale, as whole units were chewed up. Quite literally, in some cases, of course.
And now, there is just you. And a few friends. The few survivors from the first police and army units thrown in. Of course, you can’t tell anyone anything, because that would be a breach of the Official Secrets Act 1911, 1920, 1989. And that would be a disciplinary offense. So just get in there and do your bit for Queen and Country…
Zombies. Lots of them. Big ones, little ones. Armed and Dangerous. JUST MAKE THEM ALL GO AWAY!
- Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
- 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
- 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
- Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
- Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
More articles about Killing Floor