Get ready for a story so epic it could only unfold in the corridors of the world's largest museum- the Smithsonian Institution. Museum guard-turned entrepreneur Larry Daley discovers that his favorite exhibits, and some of his best friends, from New York's Natural History Museum are being shipped off to the archives at the Smithsonian. Larry gets a distress call from the miniature cowboy, Jedediah, reporting that Egyptian ruler Kahmunrah and a trio of heinous henchmen - namely Ivan the Terrible, Napoleon and Al Capone - are plotting to take over the museum, then the world. Speeding to the nation's capitol, Larry is clearly in over his head. But with some impressive new pals, including the irrepressible Amelia Earhart, along with familiar friends Teddy Roosevelt and Octavius, Larry will stop at nothing to restore the Smithsonian before dawn.
In Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, players assume the role of Ben Stiller's character, Larry Daley, former night guard of New York's Museum of Natural History. Larry must rescue Jedediah and his other friends from Akhmenrah's brother who captured them while stealing a powerful Magic Tablet that can raise the Army of Horus to take over the world.
Daley is well aware of the havoc that history's most notorious figures can wreak when the sun goes down and the museum exhibits come alive. He races to DC to help his friends in the Smithsonian. Using Larry's trusty key chain and flashlight, players must solve puzzles and adventure through 14 levels including the Federal Archives, the National Air and Space Museum and the Lincoln Memorial. Gamers can travel in style on the back of a T-Rex skeleton, within the Lunar Lander and in the cockpit of Amelia Earhart's Pitcairn Autogyro. Along the way, players must find pieces of the Magic Tablet and collect other items to unlock mini-games, new areas and bonus content from the Smithsonian including trivia questions, in-game audio tours and factoids.
NDS owners can also experience the spirit and humor of the movie in an entertaining side-scrolling adventure. Players use the Touch Screen to manage magic tablet pieces that change Larry's abilities in real-time. Cling to walls, super jump, fly, shrink, charge and stomp your way through the Smithsonian while using Larry's flashlight and key chain to navigate exhibits.
Developed by Amaze Entertainment and Pipeworks, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian will launch in advance of Twentieth Century Fox's theatrical release of the same name debuting in theaters May 22nd. Featuring the voice and likeness of the film's star, Ben Stiller, the video game recreates the excitement and humor from the feature film as players adventure through Smithsonian exhibits that come alive at night.
- Extend the movie experience! Play as Larry Daley, inventor/bumbling night guard at the Museum of Natural History, where the exhibits come alive at night! Ben Stiller’s voice and likeness are included in the game for an authentic experience.
- Meet and interact with the cast of wacky museum exhibits including historical figures like Amelia Earhart and Teddy Roosevelt along with dinosaurs and polar bears
- Battle history’s greatest villains, from Al Capone to Napoleon to Ivan the Terrible
- Adventure through 14 levels within The Smithsonian, from the Federal Archives to the National Air and Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial and many more.
- Take control of out of this world vehicles—pilot the Lunar Lander, Pitcairn Autogyro and a T-Rex skeleton
- Use your trusty Key Chain and Flashlight to solve puzzles and make your way through the museums
- Collect all of the pieces of the Magic Tablet of Ahkmenrah to unlock new levels, solve puzzles and more
- Collect a huge variety of pick-ups to unlock features, mini-games and bonus content
- Stuck in an area? Use the Eye of Horus hint system to reveal important areas that may just help you keep going.
- Check out all of your accomplishments in the Award Room.
- Real Smithsonian content includes trivia questions, in game audio tours and factoids
NDS Specific Features
- Experience the spirit and humor of the movie on your DS in this side scrolling adventure
- Change Larry’s abilities in real-time by using pieces of the magical tablet. Abilities include clinging to walls (Monkey), Super Jumping (Moon), Flying/Floating (Cloud), Shrinking (Scarab), Charging and Smashing (Bull) and Stomping (Elephant)
- Extend the fiction of living exhibits when you explore various environments inspired by actual exhibits in the museum
- Utilize Larry’s flashlight and keychain, or his "tools of the office,” to advance through this wild night at the museum
- Use the Touch Screen to manage and use tablet ingots during gameplay in a simple and intuitive touch interface
- Search levels using character abilities to find new areas, adding hours of fun replay value
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian will launch on Wii, Xbox 360, NDS and PC on May 5th.
More articles about Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian