This patch is only valid for the offline/retail versions from Atari, Viva Media and Tech Dealer.
Changelog for the 220.127.116.11 update:
* Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
* Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
* Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
* New track category and model select button layout
* New scroll boxes for car setup filters
* New layout of credits page
* Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
* Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
* New infoscreen in main menu
* Mouse over server information in lobby
* AI uses headlights in rainy weather
* Updated draw distance for most tracks
* Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)'
* Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
* Various championship fixes
* Various spectator mode fixes
* Multiplayer stability fixes
* Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
* Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
* Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
* Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
* Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
* Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
* Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential
* Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assinged to steering ( button or keyboard )
* Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
v 18.104.22.168 fixes :
- Enabled Rolling Starts. This gives the option to choose between rolling or standing start in 1 race format. Choosing 2 race format the first race will be rolling while the second will be standing.
- Fixed timing on dual core processors (flicker fix on some computers).
- Cleaner game exit for non supported video cards.
- Fixed bug where player was stuck in menu when qualify ran out.
- Added re-load custom skin feature.
- Custom skinned cars are now using the correct cameras.
- Fixed lap times in timing screen (right click on driver).
- Fixed low fuel icon. Icon now gets displayed earlier. The color code has changed from yellow to red.
- Fixed difficulty setting which was previously shared between game modes. Each game mode has its own setting now.
- Fixed driving aids being switched off in championship mode.
- Fixed driving aids on/off issues.
- Tighter cutting rules for Magny Cours.
- Fixed cutting rule problem in Valencia National.
- Fixed collision on Porto around pit area.
- New talent files (driver AI related) for Caterham, F3000, FBMW, Mini and Radical classes which have lead to a wider spread in Qualify. F3000 drivers have improved in wet conditions.
- AI wet speed has been tweaked for better consistency between tracks.
- General AI speed tweaks for better consistency against player.
Next to the FIA WTCC seasons of 2006 and 2007 RACE 07 also contains open wheeler and sports car racing such as Formula 3000, Formula BMW and Radical SR3 and SR4.
A new and unique helmet cam view has been implemented to support the open cockpit cars specifically. This helmet view is directly affected by different weather effects as well as dirt and bugs on the helmet visor. On top of this comes a new animation for removing virtual "Tear offs" from the helmets visor, just as in real racing where the helmet is heavily exposed during the races.
RACE 07 is also introducing a new "action camera cockpit view" that will add even more immersion and sensation of speed when driving from the cockpit.
RACE 07 supports both a normal according to real life championship mode as well as a new custom championship mode where you can mix cars and classes, not to mention tracks, as you wish. In addition RACE 07 also supports custom skins, especially important for communities and league racing.
The late changes in the calendar of the FIA WTCC events has resulted in several new circuits for SimBin to implement into RACE 07 and for this reason the release is now set to autumn 2007.
More articles about RACE 07