- A final code-based fix to the Population Cap issue. This will also resolve the problems with Space Marine upkeep costs.
- A change to retroactively grant achievements to those people who rightfully earned them in the Single Player Campaign, which also prevents this from occurring to new players.
- We’ve made some adjustments to the matchmaking system to provide better quality matches based on TrueSkill™ Rankings.
- Squashed a bug that was allowing players to instantly win in Ranked matches after modding local files.
In addition to the code changes, we’re hoping to include some balance changes at the same time. Issues addressed include:
- Several changes to how energy shields work, making them less overpowered.
- A melee damage debuff added to Tactical Marines when they use “And They Shall Know No Fear”.
- Tactical Sergeant’s melee attack is less potent.
- Reduction of Warrior Adrenal Gland vehicle damage.
- Spore mines won’t be able to enter Ravener tunnels or Webway gates.
- Warp Spiders will do more damage.
- The build cost for the Carnifex increased.
Last but not least, we’re releasing a new 3v3 map, (6p) Tiber Outpost, for both ranked and custom matches!
The above isn’t an all-inclusive list, it’s still subject to change, and it’s certainly not the last time we’ll be doing balance changes.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set in the grim, war-ravaged world of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe – a dark, futuristic, science-fiction setting where armies of technologically advanced warriors, fighting machines and hordes of implacable aliens wage constant war. Developed by critically acclaimed RTS developer Relic Entertainment, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II ushers in a new chapter in the acclaimed RTS series, as ancient races – including the dauntless Space Marines and savage Orks - clash across ruined worlds on a mission to claim the galaxy and preserve their own existence. Powered by the re-vamped Essence Engine 2.0, the next evolution of Relic's proprietary game engine made famous in the award winning Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II will deliver fast-paced RTS action with ferocious melee and ranged combat in fully destructible environments. Immersing players in an in-depth non-linear single-player campaign and a fully-co-operative multiplayer mode, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set to deliver the most visually-stunning Warhammer 40,000 setting ever created.
Each Tyranid is a living weapon, perfectly adapted to its designated function, but each creature is no more than a single cell in a galactic entity governed by a monstrous Hive Mind. As the Tyranid hive fleets drift through space they strip all life from the worlds in their path, leaving nothing but scoured rock in their wake…
Dawn of War II multiplayer will feature four playable races, twelve unique multiplayer heroes, five multiplayer maps, 240 online ranks to achieve, 110 visual armor upgrades, and 90 pieces of hero wargear. Throughout the multiplayer modes, any race combinations can be on the same team.
- Automatch: All games are victory point win conditions; you can win by victory points or by destroying the enemy base.
- Head to head
- 3 vs. 3 team games
- Custom Games: Custom games can be any size up to 3v3 and can be played on Live or on LAN. Custom games can be played with either victory point or annihilate only win conditions.
…In the war zones of Warhammer 40,000, the Tyranids are instinctive masters of swarm-tactics and close combat. Frequently appearing by the thousands across untold numbers of world, they always outnumber their opponents, a fact that often guarantees their victory. Each Tyranid is equipped with diamond-hard rending claws, razor-sharp teeth, and a variety of other bio-weapons suited to both close quarters fighting and ranged attacks. What’s even more fearsome are the monstrous creatures striding through a Tyranid swarm like Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants, true behemoths who tower over even the largest of tanks and mechanised units. In total, the Tyranids are a cold and brutal opponent to face. Even the best warriors in the galaxy can only hope to stall the Tyranids’ advance.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Achievements (1000 points):
- There Is Only War - Terminate 500 Enemy Targets. - 25G
- Death from Above - Kill 20 enemies using Assault Jump. - 10G
- Sweeping Advance - Kill an emey who is retreating. - 10G
- Emperor's Champion - Kill a boss using only your Force Commander. - 10G
- Lightning Assassin - Kill a boss in less than one minute. - 10G
- Welcome to Calderis - Complete "Stand With Your Brothers" and "Retake the Hamlet." - 15G
- Rant All You Will - Complete "The True Enemy." - 30G
- The Cleansing Begins - Complete "The Defense of Argus Gate." - 30G
- Astronomical! - Recover the data from the Astronomic Array. - 30G
- Even In Death I Still Serve - Complete "Into the Hive." - 30G
- Heroes of Angel Gate - Complete "Secrest of Angel Forge." - 30G
- Fight to Survive - Complete Campaign on Recruit difficulty. - 40G
- Hold back the Xenos - Complete Campaign on Sergeant difficulty. - 40G
- Win the War - Complete Campaign on Captain difficulty. - 40G
- Allies to the Cause - Complete a mission in co-op mode. - 10G
- Allies to the Chapter - Complete 15 mission in co-op. - 25G
- Battle Brothers - Complete the Campaign in Co-op. - 50G
- Dug In - Successfully defend 5 Strategic Assets. - 10G
- Massacre - Complete 10 missions in a row without failing. - 10G
- Not one inch. - Defend a province without losing a single generator. - 10G
- That's Close Enough - Complete a mission with only ranged weapons. - 10G
- Rush 'em - Complete a mission under five minutes. - 10G
- Purge the Xenos - Earn a 5 star Fury rating. - 10G
- Feel No Pain - Earn a 5 star Resilience rating. - 10G
- Fleet of Foot - Earn a 5 star Speed rating - 10G
- The Book of Honor - Get 15 stars on one mission. - 10G
- Fast Attack - Gain a second deployment in a single day. - 15G
- Tireless warrior - Gain a third deployment in a single day. - 15G
- Hero of the Imperium - Attain a Campaign Score of over 30,000 points. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 25G
- Legend - Attain a Campaign Score of over 90,000 points. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 25G
- In the name of the Emperor - Own all Strategic Assets in a Campaign. Earnable only in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 20G
- Elite - Max out a Combat Discipline on a squad. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 10G
- Heavy Support - Reach Level 20 with one of your Squads. Earnable in Single Player and by the host in Co-Op. - 10G
- Elite Strike Force - Create a 3 Player Party and Play a Ranked Multiplayer Game together. - 10G
- Gladiator - Play 10 Ranked Multiplayer Games. - 25G
- Wisdom of the Ancients - View a recorded game. - 10G
- Veteran Victor - 100 ranked wins. - 30G
- Aspect Warrior - 20 online ranked games completed with Eldar. - 20G
- Angel of Death - 20 online ranked games played with Space Marines. - 20G
- A proper Waaagh! - 20 online ranked games completed with Orks. - 20G
- Great Devourer - 20 online ranked games completed with Tyranid. - 20G
- Hail the Champion - Earn Champion rating 20 times during online ranked play. - 25G
- Master of the Apothecarion - Revive your teammates 50 times during online ranked play. - 30G
- Winning rush - Earn a 5 game Win streak during online ranked play. - 20G
- Flawless victory - Achieve an online ranked victory with 500 victory points remaining. - 20G
- Red Ones Go Fastah! - Create a Customized look for any race in the Army Painter. - 5G
- Crush the Enemy - Complete Campaign on Primarch difficulty. - 40G
- The Warboss - Complete "Raid Against the Warboss." - 30G
- The Avatar of Khaine - Complete "The Wailing Doom." - 30G
More articles about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II