Microsoft today announced that eight new titles have earned their place in the Xbox 360 Platinum Hits collection, including Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 2 and Mass Effect. Launching with a new box design and under the banner Greatness is Earned, Xbox has selected the top-rated and best-selling games to receive the Xbox Platinum Hits label and will make them available in stores at prices starting as low as $19.99.
The Platinum Hits collection, which is now comprised of over 45 different titles, bringing the classic must-have games under one elite umbrella and available at a great value.
The full list of the latest titles is made up of the following games:
- Gears of War (Epic Games): Named Game of the Year by over 30 media outlets, "Gears of War" is the definitive third-person shooter and one of the most popular Xbox 360® games in history. "Gears of War: Platinum Hits" comes complete with every map pack, game mode and Achievement ever released on Xbox LIVE.
- Forza Motorsport 2 (MGS): Forza Motorsport 2 is the sequel to Turn 10’s award-winning, fully-customizable racing simulator Forza Motorsport, exclusively for Xbox 360. Buckle up for authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, and photo-realistic graphics, as well as licensed turning and customization options.
- Mass Effect (Bioware): Mass Effect is a sci-fi action RPG heralded by the New York Times heralded as a landmark of interactive storytelling. Mass Effect: Platinum Hits includes a second disc packed with extras including the Bring Down the Sky bonus mission.
- Viva Piñata (Rare): Welcome to Piñata Island, the vibrant setting of Viva Piñata, where wild-roaming, living piñata animals inhabit a growing, changing garden world. Take control of this environment and the piñatas within it, influencing its contents to create your very own paradise.
- Army of Two (EA): Army of Two gameplay focuses on two-man missions, two-man strategies, two-man tactics and a two-man advantage to bring a new and groundbreaking gaming experience to players worldwide, online and offline. Co-op is no longer a mode, it’s the game.
- Battlefield Bad Company (EA): Battlefield: Bad Company delivers a deep single-player campaign loaded with dark humor, intense combat and deafening destruction. Players will tackle harsh terrain and fierce enemies with their squad of renegade soldiers as they search for an elusive treasure using dozens of vehicles, weapons and deadly toys all at their disposal for explosive experimentation. Gamers can also jump online for some intense multiplayer action in the Gold Rush or Conquest multiplayer mode.
- Burnout Paradise (Criterion): Winner of over 55 awards worldwide, Burnout Paradise was critically acclaimed as the driving game of 2008. The game delivers an open-world environment built for intense speed, excitement and exploration and sets a new standard in the seamless transition from single-player offline to social online gameplay.
- EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 (EA Sports): The undisputed champion of boxing video games delivers another hit with EA Sports Fight Night Round 3. Feel what it’s like to hit-or be hit by – great champions such as Muhammad Ali and Oscar De La Hoya with totally immersive environments that showcase the impact of the most devastating punches.