Celebrating 20 years of the renowned series that has shipped over 85 million units worldwide, Dissidia: Final Fantasy brings together the largest collection of Final Fantasy characters ever in a fighting-styled game where players can choose their allegiance between good and evil.
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war. Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos's favor.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors ... their fates have yet to be determined.
The GameStop exclusive package, available starting August 25 for $199.99 (MSRP), brings together Square Enix’s highly anticipated Dissidia: Final Fantasy 3-D action game with the PSP, creating the ultimate portable entertainment experience for Final Fantasy fans. The Entertainment Pack includes a “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system; the Dissidia: Final Fantasy game; the CGI film, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, on UMD; and a 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo.
“With its rich graphics, meticulous attention to detail and exhilarating gameplay experience, the Final Fantasy franchise is considered one of the most successful gaming franchises in history,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. “We saw this as a tremendous opportunity to partner with Square Enix and GameStop, giving Final Fantasy fans an exclusive package at an incredible value. With an unparalleled PSP lineup in 2009, we’re committed to bringing consumers the best in portable entertainment. The DISSIDIA PSP bundle complements the breadth and depth of the PSP’s software offerings this year.”
“SCEA has long been an industry leader and a great and valuable partner. Because PSP is such an impressive gaming platform, it made perfect sense to leverage the strength of Dissidia: Final Fantasy and create an exclusive package for Final Fantasy fans,” said Ami Blaire, Vice President, Marketing, Square Enix, Inc. “We’ve seen the Final Fantasy franchise perform extremely well on the PSP platform and look forward to many more collaborations with SCEA in the future.”
“GameStop is about helping consumers get the most out of gaming,” said Bob McKenzie, Senior Vice President, Merchandising, GameStop Corp. “This exclusive PSP entertainment pack is a perfect example of providing Final Fantasy fans an exceptional value on an outstanding platform.”
The limited-edition Dissidia: Final Fantasy entertainment pack features “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system, along with the following:
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy – Developed by Square Enix, Dissidia: Final Fantasy does what no other Final Fantasy title has done before, bringing together an all-star cast to give players a chance to see their favorite Final Fantasy characters engage in high-intensity battles.
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children – Final Fantasy VII Advent Children continues the game’s storyline in this CG-animated film, featuring non-stop action and exciting visual effects. Two years have passed since the ruins of Midgar stand as a testament to the sacrifices made in order to bring peace. However, the world will soon face a new menace. A mysterious illness is spreading fast. Old enemies are astir. And Cloud, who walked away from the life of a hero to live in solitude, must step forward yet again...
- 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo – Leverages the PSP system’s multimedia functionality by storing photos, music, videos, and game saves.
Key Features :
- Legacy: Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of Final Fantasy presented in an action-packed environment where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
- All-new battle system: Action-based battle system combines all-out brawling alongside RPG-based character development in an original system developed by the creators of the Kingdom Hearts series.
- Ultimate cast of characters: Fan-favorite heroes and villains from the entire Final Fantasy series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
- Fantasy match: Players select their favorite Final Fantasy characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
- Series staple battle features: Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, longtime fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system.
- Community: Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, Square Enix proudly presents the first volume of the Dissidia: Final Fantasy Trading Arts series. Memorable heroes and villains are newly re-envisioned by famed character designer Tetsuya Nomura. In honor of these spectacular new designs, Square Enix Products brings a new generation of highly detailed Trading Arts from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy, not yet rated by the ESRB, will be available mid-year 2009 in North America, and in Europe Autumn 2009.
More articles about Dissidia: Final Fantasy