All three extremely popular coin-op Raiden Fighter games can now be found on one disc in this faithfully recreated ultimate collection.
“Arcade fans of this classic game will be thrilled that they can get the same arcade experience without leaving the house,” said Glenn Halseth, co-founder of Valcon Games. “We included all the original gameplay of the original games, plus added enhanced features to accommodate next-generation gamers.”
In addition to the nonstop action, Valcon Games has added new features, such as a new training mode that lets players modify every aspect of their ships and wingmen; skip to any level; or play in slow motion. Comprehensive screen and control settings let gamers play each game full-screen as a side-scroller, or even vertically on a rotated 4:3 display.
Players also don’t have to dogfight alone. Now, two players can play co-op games offline, or choose to play as a lone-wolf in Arcade Mode, posting high-scores and gameclips to Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.
Key Game Features
- All three Raiden Fighters games on one disc
- Training mode, with slow-motion, level selection, and ship configuration
- Leaderboards and gameclips for online and offline play
- Two-player cooperative offline play
- Standard vertical scrolling, full-screen side-scrolling, or full-screen vertical scrolling on a rotated display
- Visual filters to simulate classic display-types, or change the feel of the game
The game began shipping in North America this week, and will be selling for a suggested retail price of $19.99.