Unbound Saga is based on the upcoming comic book of the same name to be published by Dark Horse Comics, a leading publisher of comic books and graphic novels.
The Unbound Saga video game follows the adventures of comic book tough guy Rick Ajax. Trapped in a comic book world that is always in need of saving, Rick is not only at odds with the constant threats against his world, but also with the ubiquitous entity known as ‘The Maker’ who constantly ‘draws’ new dangers to put in Rick’s path. But Rick has had enough and is making his way, one brawl at a time, to the final throw down with ‘The Maker’. With art by comic book artist/writer Cliff Richards (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wonder Woman, The New Thunderbolts), Unbound Saga brings hardboiled comic book action and button crunching fighting fury to portable gaming.
“Bringing Unbound Saga to PSP owners through the convenience of the PlayStation Network is an ideal way to deliver the game to the widest possible audience,” said Mario Kroll, Director of Marketing at Vogster. “In fact, we expect to see a growing trend where highly anticipated releases such as Unbound Saga will bypass the UMD format and the often challenging retail environment, being instead delivered directly to consumers. It certainly is a ‘win’ for both content producers and gamers alike --- it avoids an unpopular delivery medium and costly manufacturing, while improving the timing and availability of great content to consumers when they demand it.”
- Comic Come to Life: Climb through the panels and fight hand drawn enemies as you uncover the twisted comic book tale of Rick Ajax.
- Tag Team Heroes: Strategically switch between two main characters, Rick Ajax and Lori Machete, each with their own unique fighting styles and special unlockable skills.
- Interactive Environments: Real-time physics allow you to smash anything in the room! If you can pick it up, you can use it as a weapon!
- Character Advancement: Collect Experience Points and customize your Heroes’ abilities with unique, unlockable Skills and Powers. The better you play, the more XP you earn, and the more cool moves you can unlock!
- Story: You are Rick Ajax or Lori Machete, two fighters with their own style and a unique set of skills. As you journey through the futuristic wastelands of Toxopolis in search of your nemesis, “The Maker”, you will encounter a wide range of bizarre creatures, colorful characters, and brutal bosses, most of whom will try their best to prevent you from reaching your goal.
Unbound Saga will be available via digital download through the PlayStation Network for the PSP on July 16, 2009.
More articles about Unbound Saga