Unprecedented war is upon modern Europe. Former alliances have withered and every nation is now on their own. Nationalism and militarism dominates the politics, which has allowed sinister leaders to take charge. Secretly they build their armies and make up plans how to annihilate their enemies.
Take control over one of the countries, and use your skills and deception to turn it into the frontline nation. Ally yourself with unsuspected nations, just to turn on them when the moment is right. Develop weapons of mass destruction and let your armies roar over the continent. Become the last nation standing or die trying. Let the great war of the millennia begin.”
Frontline Nation is a modern, turn-based strategy game situated in a near future Europe. The map is fully rendered in 3D and divided into 45 countries, each containing a differing number of regions and cities.
Frontline Nation consists of two different gameplay levels, a strategic and a tactical. The strategic level is where the player manages production, diplomacy, research and coordination of military forces. The tactical level is where the battles take place. It offers the player full control of its military units in a dynamically created hexagon-based battlefield. The battles are fast-paced but still have room for tactical troop management. If the player wishes, the battles can be resolved automatically to speed up the gameflow. Different terrain types combined with a dynamic weather system and a day-night cycle adds an almost countless number of tactical possibilities.
“This is a result from a close cooperation between our companies where the Colossai team has been working on some of our latest PC titles as consultants. Since we are publishing our PC titles and has the right connections we decided to help out with the delivery of their baby, STORM - Frontline Nation”, says Henrik Roos, SimBin Studios CEO.
“SimBin is by far the best established game developer in the neighborhood and we have been in contact in several areas over the years and I’m very happy to see that this has led up to this cooperation”, says Per-Arne Lundberg, Business coach, Gothia Science Park.
“Colossai and SimBin have for the last year and a half worked together on several projects. To further extend the cooperation into a publishing deal is very exciting. I am confident that SimBins experience will help STORM-Frontline Nation reach its deserved success”, says Robert Lazic, Colossai Studios CEO.
Key Features :
- A world-map consisting of over 500 regions and 90 cities.
- 45 playable countries, ranging from Malta to Russia.
- Multiplayer support for up to 9 players in concurrent and classic game modes. Supplementary hot-seat mode for multiplayer support on the same computer.
- Over 20 unit types, each with their specific advantages and drawbacks.
- Tactical combats on land, sea and air for action-paced confrontations. Complete with a dynamic weather system.
- A research system that let you develop missiles and weapons of mass destruction - including biological, chemical and nuclear technology.
- Diplomacy that let you use your full potential for persuasion and deceit.
- Spies that are used to infiltrate other countries and commit misdeeds.
- Special forces that can destroy vital structures without leaving a trace.
- Victory conditions to start anything from a total domination campaign to a small skirmish.
- Optional missions that if completed, rewards your country greatly.
More articles about Storm: Frontline Nation