Race to the finish line in MySims Racing!
Face a variety of tricky MySim opponents on a huge variety of exotic tracks! Take on up to three friends in intense multiplayer racing. During your race, find awesome power-ups such as the heat-seeking jack-o-lantern pumpkin or a bubble dropper that can help you wreck the competition. There are nearly endless customization options so that your car reflects your high-gear personality. You can swap bodies, change paint jobs and add tons of accessories. Not only can you change the look of your car, you can also improve power, acceleration and handling by mixing and matching engines, suspension and tires.
Take the race with you! MySims Racing for the NDS allows you and up to three of your friends to race each other using local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi.
There are unlimited ways to customize both your racing kart and your MySim. Each player is given a choice of a base vehicle across 3 different vehicle classes; compact, mid size and large. During the progression of the game, called Story Mode, the players have the ability to unlock performance and styling parts to better enhance their vehicles. They can customize the frame to “Beef Up” the mass or weight of their compact kart or pump up the engine and upgrade the suspension on their behemoth SUV to try and keep up with the other karts. Because you have a garage and can choose a different kart at anytime, the player can strategize which kart to use for each individual challenge. For example, for a challenge which involves “collecting” you would choose a compact kart that offers better precision and handling. Where as in an all out multiplayer blow out with friends, you would probably want to upgrade to an SUV so you can drive fast and bump opponents into hazards.
- Melon Accelerator - The Melon Accelerator fires a watermelon that hones in on the closest opponent ahead and sends him into a wipeout upon impact.
- Pumpkin Catapult - This lobs a big pumpkin ahead of you, creating an ultra-slippery puddle of goo that’ll make opponents spin out of control.
- Beehive Trail - A trail of hives full of honey are released behind your car and will slow down any opponent that drives into them.
- Soccer Balls - This allows you to shoot up to three bouncing Soccer Balls. Any opponent hit by one of them will go into a wipeout.
- Bubble Dropper - Any car that collides with a bubble becomes trapped inside it, hovering in the air for several precious seconds as opponents zoom by.
- Seed Thrower - This will shoot out a seed that will turn into a fully-grown tree as soon as it hits the ground, creating a potential obstacle for opponents.
- Force Field - The Force Field surrounds your car with sturdy shields that keep you safe from most items for a short time.
- Tornado Inverter - This will turn the view of opponents ahead of you upside-down for a limited time, making it harder for them to maneuver their vehicles.
- Bunny Luv - This power-up summons a cupid-like bunny to shower opponents ahead of you with love, temporarily blocking their field of vision with a multitude of hearts.
- UFO - Using the UFO will allow you to get a free ride as it zooms along the race track.
- F-Energy Zap - This will send out a burst of F-Energy, overloading the engines of opponents ahead of you to temporarily reduce their speed and prevent them from boosting.
- F-Energy Storm - Your boost meter fills with large amounts of F-Energy for a limited amount of time. Use it while you have it!
- Compact: The compact class is zippier, handles great and accelerates nicely too. The downside is they are very light therefore against a bumping opponent they will tend to get pushed around a little more on the tracks.
- Mid Size: The mid size vehicles are a step up in performance, weight and handling when compared to the compact class.
- Large: The large class consists of trucks, SUV’s and a van. The obvious differences are that these vehicles are very heavy and tend to bully opponents off the tracks. Their downsides are they tend to accelerate very slow and do not handle as well as the compact karts.
Four Customization Categories:
- Performance Upgrades – There are four categories in which you can upgrade the karts performance attributes including Engine, which affects top speed and acceleration; Frame, which affects weight and acceleration; Handling; and Special. Special upgrades are given to a player when they win Gold Medals in any given challenge. They can affect all of the above.
- Styling Upgrades – Choose from different Body Types, Front Bumpers, Front Headlights and Grill Assembly, Front Hood Ornaments, Side View Mirrors, Rear Accessories, Rear Tail Lights, Rear Bumpers, Wheels and Horns.
- Paint Shop – Choose from dozens of colors and then add a door decal such as a Skull, Star, Lightning Bolt, Paw, Flames, Checkered, #8, Kitten, Bowtie, Butterfly, Heart, Flower, Wings, Octopus, Ninja Star, Snail, Bunny Luv, Radio Active, Hawaiian Flower and Soccer Ball.
- Create A Sim – There are multiple MySim Attribute categories to customize including Hair Style, Hair Color, Eyes, Voice, Name Your Sim, Skin Color, Mouth, Goggles (Eyewear) and Outfits.
Developed at The Sims Studio, MySims Racing is scheduled for release on June 12, 2009 and will retail for $29.99.
More articles about MySims Racing