An free-to-play MMOG game for the PC, Football Superstars will allow players to meet within a utopian soccer-styled virtual world and take part in 3, 5, 7 and 11-a-side football matches. Players will take control of a single footballer avatar and will interact on and off the pitch living the football superstar lifestyle whilst pursuing fame, glory and success, striving to join the best clubs, compete at the highest level and progress within the game through skill and sporting prowess. The player will exist in a persistent football-themed world and be able to join or form and manage their own teams and careers whilst engaging in various leagues, competitions, events and tournaments.
The launch of the MMO experience ‘in the box’ is set to become available at £19.99 and will offer the purchaser a wealth of new features. These extra features will immediately improve the end-users skill entry level, general professional experience and just as importantly their look, which will inevitably lead to a more enriched gaming and satisfying football experience.
Steve Marshall, Creative Director commented “ We are really excited to be in a position to offer a retail product and have some unique content appealing to both existing and new players alike making the box quite a collectors item. ”
- Create yourself and explore the world’s first virtual football environment then play as a single player in 3 / 5 / 7 & 11-a-side games, both indoor and outside with thousands of others from around the world.
- Train and develop your player by visiting gyms and purchasing skill moves and tricks from the in world trainers.
- Buy fully licensed items from Puma and Reebok to enhance your on pitch performance as their real world products would.
- Spend time with newspaper, radio and TV journalists to increase your fame rating and therefore your earning potential.
- Spend your salary on the most fashionable clothes and on socialising in some of the world’s exclusive bars and restaurants.
- Challenge yourself by becoming the owner and manager of your very own team in the PMC mode. Hire friends and organise matches against other, likeminded managers.
Gone are the days of taking control of every player on the pitch – now you are responsible for one player and one player only – you. Whether you are playing 3, 5, 7 or 11 a side matches, you will need to play in position, play as a team and more importantly, play to WIN! In between games train your character in one of the gyms to stay on top of your game.
Using Football Superstars’ PMC (Player Managed Club) system*, you will be able to create your own team right down to the kit and badge design. From there it is up to you to recruit REAL people to play and win for you. Manage them right and you will see your team rise up the Superstars League. Get it wrong however and you could have a player strike on your hands.
The two towns of Alexander Bay and Clarkswater have plenty to offer the soon to be Superstar. Rise up the celebrity ranks and become a household name after appearing on TV, the Radio and in the Newspapers, spend your hard earned fortune on clothes, drinks and sports equipment. No longer are Football games just about what you do on the pitch.
“Premium” Edition Includes
- 3 months Premium Subscription – Own, manage and run your own PMC team as well as gaining access to exclusive in world content.
- 40 FS Bonds which can be converted into FS Dollars – enabling your player to buy training points, clothes and fame points.
- Unique skill. Included in the pack is one of 4 animated skills that will give your player the edge on the pitch.
- PUMA Training Kit (exclusive to the PREMIUM edition only) includes football shirt, football shorts & football socks.
- PUMA v1.08 Speed Boots (exclusive to the PREMIUM edition only) this will enhance your characters speed on pitch.
Phil Booker, CyberSports Head of Sales and Marketing, said: “We’re all very excited about the launch of a retail version of Football Superstars. We already have over 300,000 registered users with the free to play version, however by introducing it to a new gaming audience through retail we feel that this will massively benefit the experience for all players. This retail version will also benefit our existing brands and widen our appeal to potential new advertisers.”
Football Superstars is currently set to make its debut within the field of retail in Q3 2009.
More articles about Football Superstars